Wednesday, February 1, 2012

The End of the Challenge

(Torture every time I was at the store)

Our NO JUNK FOOD January challenge is finally OVER!!!!! I have to say that it was a lot easier than I thought it was going to be.There was a handful of nights when all I wanted was to go veg on stuff in the candy drawer or chips in the pantry but I never gave in! Another huge accomplishment is I haven't eaten at McDonalds in over a month. I don't think that has ever happened. I mean it when I say I am a junk food/fast food junky!!!! I was even tempted to stay up until midnight last night just so I could eat some candy because I was so excited. But it would have been quite pathetic so I didn't. I forgot this morning that I could even eat candy. Brad e-mailed me to see how much candy I had eaten and I hadn't had any yet! I still haven't eaten any. Don't worry though I will get my fill the rest of the day. I was about to work out when I remembered I could eat candy. I figured I would start after my work out.

Brad joked and gave me crap all month and was telling people this is something I MADE him do. But if you know Brad, you know that no one can MAKE him do anything he doesn't want to. He did finally admit though that he was glad to do it. The total weight loss for the month was Brad: 5 pounds and me:3 pounds. Not a ton but at least it was something! That 5 pounds was enough motivation for Brad to keep going with the challenge. He has decided to keep going with it and not eat any candy or junk food still. I will however NOT be continuing. I just can't do that to myself!!!!

I had to admit that I did horrible at working out during this challenge. I did once or twice a week but that was about it. Small steps I guess! Brad works out every morning. I wish I had the discipline he does to wake up early and work out before work. I like to use Cooper waking up in the middle of the night still (teething sucks!!!!) for an excuse. But lets be honest I just am not a morning person and getting out of bed is a challenge regardless of how long I slept, interrupted or not. We used to do 100 push-ups every night while we were watching tv. I decided I am going to start doing that again. It isn't much but at least I will feel like I am doing something everyday. Besides my arms need some serious toneage (yeah I made that word up I think) before short sleeve weather rolls around.

Brad had mentioned maybe doing this no junk food/candy challenge every other month. I will have to see how I feel when March rolls around. Another idea was just having one day a week where we eat the junk food and candy. Who knows what I will end up deciding. I just love my candy and junk food and know that I am not ready to give it all up for good! I am really proud of myself that I did go a month. It is quite the accomplishment for me!

Bring on February and all of its delicious Valentines goodness!!!!!

1 comment:

  1. I did 3 weeks of no sugar in November. It was awesome discipline for me, and something I need to do again. I also lost 3 lbs, and I have never ever LOST weight before, so that was pretty facinating to me. I wasn't doing it for the weight so it was a nice bonus.

    ReplyDelete