Sunday, February 26, 2012

Project Laundry Room

So my laundry has been driving me nuts! It is small, cramped and just felt cluttered. We have been talking about putting in a cabinet above the washer and dryer since we moved in. But we have never gotten around to it. Then I got thinking about it decided why do we need a cabinet I could just buy a shelf.


So the other day I was at Ikea and found this shelf for $30. It was a steal so I bought it and Brad installed it the right as I got home. I love that we are the same with wanting to get things done and put away so there aren't incomplete projects laying all over the place. Cooper was right along side daddy with a screw driver helping! I'm sad I didn't get a picture of it!

It is amazing how much better the laundry room feels. It is hard to tell from the pictures but it really is a huge difference!!! Cooper can't reach the laundry soap and dump it every where, there is more room, and the laundry baskets don't have to be on top of the washer and dryer. We have had this hamper since we got married. Brad used to use it in "his" bathroom before we made his bathroom Coopers bathroom and started sharing "my" bathroom. But we haven't been using it since then so this was a perfect spot for it. We usually undress Cooper downstairs so just take his dirty clothes directly into the laundry room. Now we have somewhere to put them other than just a laundry basket on top of the dryer.



Of course being me I had to make the laundry room cuter too! I have been on this crazy crafting spree lately. I just LOVE making stuff. I found this idea on a blog and knew I had to make one. But I didn't love the one I found so I made it my own. I am so happy with how it turned out. I just love it! We were constantly looking for the keys between Brad's work bag, my purse, the diaper bag, coats, the counter, etc. and now it isn't a problem. The laundry room was a perfect place for it so the second we walk in the garage we can hang up our keys!

I made this saying with my Cricut. I put it up and realized it wasn't centered.......I don't even know how that happened. So I had to add the bird afterwards to even it out. I don't know yet if I love the bird or not.

I found these letters at Hobby Lobby. I had wanted to put the word "wash" up for awhile. I couldn't decided what color so just went with the same blue as I did on the key holder.

The laundry room feels so much better now and makes doing laundry more enjoyable! It still feels a little "white" so we will see if I end up painting the walls or something fun :)

No comments:

Post a Comment