Tuesday, February 14, 2012

Super Bowl


As we do every year we had a Super Bowl party at our house. We cooked all day and then vegged and watched the game. Our friends the Haslams, Newbolds, and the Foutz came over. I made homemade meat and veggie empanadas from scratch.....I was proud of myself! I also made some buffalo chicken potato skins which also were fantastic. Brad worked on making some more sushi (we had lots of left over meat and veggies so we wanted to use it up) and then later he made tiger ears (fry bread).

My dad also came over to watch the game. Well really to play with Cooper. They played together all night. The patriots (his team) weren't doing well so he left before it ended because he didn't want to have it rubbed in by Brad when they lost. My dad and Brad have this ongoing battle about whether the Colts or Patriots are better. I think because Peyton Manning (Brad's favorite player) and Tom Brady (the Patriots quarter back) are always being compared it just fuels the fire. Cooper had a blast playing with Papa though!


Cooper being silly with Papa



My dad is not a little kid person. He always jokes he doesn't like any kids other than his own and now his grand kids. But I think secretly he does! Our friends little girls joined Cooper and were playing with Papa. It was so cute...our friends the Foutz little girl Elizabeth who is about a year old than Cooper went and sat down by my dad and said "Will you build blocks with me Papa". She calls her grandpas papa just like Cooper. It was the sweetest thing and melted my dad! Then they all ganged up and attacked!!!

Since Peyton Mannings brother Eli plays for the NY Giants and Brad HATES the Patriots we were routing for the Giants. So of course Brad made he and Cooper put on their Colts gear to support. He was disappointed in me that I didn't go change into my Colts gear as well.

The Giants won so it was a great day!!! It is weird that the football season is over. It went really fast this year. I think it was because Peyton Manning didn't play so they lost all but 2 games so Brad didn't like watching the Colts games. Looking forward to next year!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment