Friday, April 29, 2011

No More Baby Seat


Cooper has finally been moved to his big boy car seat. I figured it was probably time. His pediatrician assumed he was already in it at his 9 month check up so I got the feeling that maybe we should move him to the new car seat. His baby car seat goes up to 22 pounds and 29 inches so he still fit in it perfectly fine, but he is getting heavy and is practically at 29 inches. We have had this next car seat since before he was born but he has loved napping in the baby car seat and it was just easier when we were out shopping and he was tired. Today was the first time using the new car seat. I was very hesitant on how Cooper would like it, but he LOVED it! He sits up better and can see a lot more. He looked so big in his baby car seat and now so little in this new car seat. I call him my big baby little boy. I was worried that he wouldn't be able to fall asleep in it as easily as the old car seat. But today he proved me wrong. I hate to admit that my baby is big enough for a big boy car seat :( This new car seat goes from 5-100 pounds and transitions into a booster seat as well. So he will be in this car seat for quite awhile. I am not too excited about the new law on having your kids facing backwards until they are 2 years-old. I was eager to turn him around in the a couple of months, but not anymore. I do have the mirror in the back so I can see him in my rear view mirror and he can see me. It makes him facing backwards tolerable for the both of us. I can't imagine not being able to see that face when I am driving in the car.

No comments:

Post a Comment