Monday, April 4, 2011

The Big 29


Last Wednesday, March 30th, was Brad's 29th birthday. I like to tease him that he's getting "old" but I like that he's older than me. I love that he's further along in his career and because of that can provide for us and allow me to be a stay at home mom, own our house, have reliable cars to drive, and really have money to do or get anything we need and usually want. I am so lucky that I have been able to spend the majority of his 20's with him (22-29). It has been amazing to see him grow as a person as well as in our relationship. I have been able to see him become an amazing husband and even more of an amazing daddy. Cooper absolutely loves his daddy. I love watching him light up every day when Brad get's home from work or walks into the room. Brad really isn't the "normal" husband. He loves to cook (even more so bake), enjoys shopping, helps with dishes, cleaning, laundry, with Cooper, and really anything that I need. I sometimes feel like I need to tell him to stop helping because he's been at work all day and once he's home needs to relax. But I love and I am so blessed that he's willing to help out with everything.




Brad and I have an issue with being able to keep presents a secret until the occasion. Because of this we always end up getting our presents before our birthdays or whatever they are for. I got Brad a 2tb external portable hard drive, but he got it at the beginning of March. I hated him not having anything to open on his birthday so I went and got him some more practical things that he's been talking about (but still opened them the night before his birthday). He got some work out equipment, 2 pairs of shoes (which he picked out), and a new wallet. The thing that I was most excited about was dinner. I wanted to take him to Last Samurai. It's a Japanese Steakhouse and Sushi Bar. It's somewhere different that we haven't been to in awhile and I thought Cooper would enjoy it as well. Because it is more expensive than a normal place, I didn't want to invite a ton of people and make them feel required to come. So it ended up just being Brad, Cooper, me and our friends Danny and Alex. Dinner was a blast. We all enjoyed ourselves and like always the food was DELICIOUS.



No comments:

Post a Comment