Monday, January 2, 2012

The Lights


I was so excited to take Cooper to see the lights at temple square. We didn't go last year because Cooper was just too little and wouldn't have had much interest in the lights. This year was way more exciting now that he is older. Brad's brother Rich, his wife Jamie, and their son Abel were up in SLC so we went with them.


We went on Friday the 23rd. I expected it to be crazy busy considering it was the day before Christmas Eve. Earlier that day we had a get together with Brad's moms side of the family (The Clarks) and had to wake Cooper up from his nap to go there. We came home from that and he laid down again. We had to wake him up from his nap once again to go to the lights. I felt so bad because he just seemed so tired! I was concerned how he would be since he was so tired. But he ended up doing amazing!



It was freezing that night. Brad and I both bundled up in layers and we put Cooper's snow suit on over his clothes. I thought it would keep him the warmest. Temple square was busy, as I had expected but it wasn't awful! Cooper did great and stayed in his stroller the whole time. He really was in to the lights and watched them the whole time.



I know it is totally cliche and everyone goes to see the lights on Temple Square around Christmas time. But it really was so nice to go and to remember what Christmas is really about. And they do an incredible job on the lights. It's amazing! They have the life size nativity scene with the Christmas story playing and then the visitors center that you can go in. We spent some time in the visitors center to warm up. It was fun because we watched someone propose inside the visitors center. So cute!


Once we were done with the lights we let Cooper walk/run back to the car. We figured it would warm him up a bit and he could get some energy out. He wouldn't let me hold his hand so I held on to the hood of his snow suit. This suit is kind of big on him so I was able to hold onto it without choking him. He tripped once and I caught him with the hood. He thought this was then a fun game. He would get stiff and just fall forward for me to catch him. He was giggling so hard it was hilarious. To anyone watching it probably looked at if I were choking and hurting my child. If only they could have heard the adorable giggle and seen the huge grin on his face! Of course when we pulled out the camera he stopped giggling but you can get the idea!

No comments:

Post a Comment