Thursday, January 26, 2012

keeping calm



Lately we have had many moments where I have to pause and think before I react. I don't always make the right decision but I am learning! The other day after dinner Brad and I were cleaning up the kitchen and I turn around to this. I could have acted two different ways. I could have yelled and put Cooper in time out and been frustrated or I could have done what I did. I took a step back and looked at how much fun he was having. The mess was already made, there was no stopping it, so why not take it in and enjoy it. I grabbed the camera and caught the moment. We have SO MANY moments like these lately. Cooper is definitely a toddler and not a baby anymore. He gets in to things and does things he knows he isn't supposed to. I can't tell you how many times he has gotten in trouble for climbing onto the kitchen table. But yet he still does it countless times a day. I am so glad I caught this moment because we can look back and laugh at how crazy our Cooper is. I just need to remember to take in moments like this rather than reacting and getting upset over something so silly. I just got the vacuum out and voila the mess was gone. Easy peasy!

No comments:

Post a Comment