Tuesday, January 3, 2012

CHRISTMAS 2011!!!!!!!

We had such a fun filled busy Christmas season. It all started out the Sunday before Christmas with my families annual Christmas party. It is at my grandma and grandpas house. We eat, play bingo, and have a gift exchange. I didn't pull out my camera so didn't get any pictures :(

Next was Christmas Eve. Not long after I woke up I got a migraine.....I had one last Christmas so I was not very happy! I luckily was able to get some sleep to get rid of it just in time to leave for dinner. We went to my cousin Joel's house out in Eagle Mountain. I still wasn't feeling 100% but I wasn't not going to go. We had dinner and dessert and then headed back to our house to open presents.


My family opens all of our presents from each other on Christmas Eve. It is a fun tradition that we always look forward to. My mom went a little crazy this year and completely spoiled Cooper and Holden. I should have taken a picture of all the presents we had to open. My entire front room was covered in piles. My grandma, grandpa, and aunt Pam all came over to enjoy the excitement. They spoil us as well so I like that they are able to see us open our gifts.



We all got so spoiled!!!!

Brad:
sushi making class (for 2 so I get to go)
apron
socks
hoodie
Apples to Apples


Brad and I:
The Ten Commandments series of paintings by Arnold Friberg
sheets
dish drying mats
The Five Love Languages book
money

Kacey:
purse
jewelry
picture frame
subscription to Family Fun magazine
cricut (my mom gave it to me earlier in the year for my birthday and Christmas)

Cooper:
vacuum
broom, mop, cleaning set
circus tent
shape o toy
books
balance bike (grandpa had to get the boys their first bikes)
bath toy
A huge train set that Grandpa Jim made!

There was so much more but I can't think of everything!!!! :(


After opening presents all of our family left and we were able to get ready to put Cooper down. Cooper got into his Christmas pajamas from my mom.

We read the Polar Express on Christmas Eve so we did this and put baby to bed. Luckily I had wrapped everything already so I didn't have to get anything wrapped or put under the tree. We were just able to relax until we went to bed.



Christmas morning we slept in. It was nice because we got to bed a little late. Cooper was kind of fussy so he needed milk asap before we could even begin to bring him down to open presents.

Buddy could smell his stocking so we let him dig in before we got started.

Cooper opened a few of his presents but then was off playing with other things and getting into stuff he shouldn't be. Brad and I continued opening presents and looked over to find Cooper doing this. He feels so big climbing up to the kitchen table and typing on the laptop.


Mom helping Coop open his presents
I got Brad and Cooper a couple of things the same for their stockings. A big slinky and lantern for Brad and a little one of each for Cooper. I couldn't resist getting Cooper things like his daddy. He wants to do everything Brad does so it was perfect!

Cooper's favorite thing that they both got however was the train whistles. Cooper had so much fun blowing them with daddy.

Again we all got spoiled!

Brad:
Bucky balls
a straight razor shave from The Art of Shaving in Fashion Place mall
A canvas with his favorite picture of Cooper for his desk at work
a framed picture of Cooper with a poem about Daddy's Hands
an experiment book (yeah he is a 10 year old boy)
wallet (get one for Brad every year for Christmas)
a full set of Tupperware kitchen knives

Kacey:
clothes
a new robe with my initials monogrammed on it from Land's End
lotions and soaps (my favorite scent coconut lime verbena was discontinued so Brad loaded up on all of them he could find)
metal decorative covers for my soaps
this awesome new cup
7 slap wrist silicone watches...I had asked for 1 and Brad got a ton of them!

Then we are going to be getting food storage instead of going crazy for Christmas. We feel like this is something we really need to do!

Cooper:
xylophone
books
puzzles
The Hallmark Cooper bear that reads to you
Tickle Monster book set with tickle gloves
puppy blanket and pillow
magnets (abc and dinosaur)
markers, crayons, playdoh
tupperware stacking pails
a recorder
lacing beads
gyro bowl

I was big on not getting many toys but learning manipulatives and things that have a purpose. I guess it is the teacher coming out in me!


After we opened all of our presents we had breakfast....yummy!



My parents and Aspen came over a little later and we made a ham and hung out and just relaxed. Chase and Kaitlin decided they weren't going anywhere on Christmas so they weren't getting together to hang out on Christmas like we usually do. I was sad!!! We just had a relaxing day. We didn't make it to church because my family came over to do lunch before my mom had to go to work.


Cooper being silly with Aunt Aspen......and no he wasn't drinking the Mt. Dew!
Cooper enjoying his presents

I've packed away a lot of Cooper's presents and will pull one out at a time. I want him to be able to enjoy each one fully. He favorites right now are his broom, vacuum, stacking pails, xylophone, shape o toy, and slinky.

I was SOOO happy to not get a migraine on Christmas like I did last year. I did however get the one on Christmas Eve and then two the day after Christmas. There was a 3 hour span in the middle of the day where I was fine. Ugh!!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment