Tuesday, January 24, 2012

nursery
























His eyes look so tired. Poor thing had to be woken up then hurried and dressed.

But he still looks quite handsome if I do say so myself!


Well the day finally came......Cooper turned 18 months old and was able to go to nursery. We have really been looking forward to this day. Church has been IMPOSSIBLE!!! Brad hadn't been able to attend Elder's Quorum in months. Cooper being crazy partnered with 1:00 church didn't make it possible. Since I teach Young Women's every week Brad was the one that was forced to take Cooper home. Cooper has so much energy, wants to run around, be loud, and isn't about to hold still and be quiet in church. I wish he could have gone to nursery months ago.

Well Sunday morning I had the nervous knot/empty pit feeling in my stomach. I was really anxious about how Cooper would handle nursery. I fully expected him to love it and jump right in but it could have easily gone just the opposite. Well Brad and I both took him in. One of my old YW parents were the nursery leaders so that was a nice surprise. They welcomed him by name and knew just who he was. I plopped him down with a toy and left. He did amazing! He didn't even really notice or care that we were gone. I think he was too locked on a little girl who was screaming bloody murder. I have to admit......it was a relief it wasn't my child screaming.

After Sunday school I went and peeked thru the window on the door to see how he was doing. It was snack time and they were all sitting at a tiny little table in tiny little chairs. Cooper looked so grown up. I wish I would have had my camera to take a picture, it was the cutest thing ever! He was completely content eating his goldfish and pretzels. I was so proud!!!

I wanted to go together to get Cooper after church. I went over there just to peek in until Brad got out but Cooper was out in the hall and he had a tear in his eye. It broke my heart. So I just took him and didn't wait for Brad. It turns out right at the end he decided he was done. I just looked at him and could tell he was EXHAUSTED. The primary leader had taken him out to walk around in the hall because she didn't want him being traumatized on his first day at nursery. Being out in the hall calmed him down so that was a relief. The primary leader said he almost fell asleep in her lap. This never happens so you knew he was tired.

We had to wake him up to make it to church at 9 so he hadn't gotten his full nights sleep. I love 9:00 church way better than 1:00. 1:00 is Cooper's nap time so church was miserable. Last week he was an angel thru all 3 meetings because he wasn't tired and grumpy. But both weeks we have had to wake him up to go to church. But I will take 9:00 church any day!!!!

Update:

Well our laptop crashed so I had to put blogging on hold. Yeah I could have done it on the computer upstairs or the ipad but that just isn't realistic :)

We have had another week of Cooper going to nursery. It was a disaster. Remember earlier when I said it was a relief it wasn't my child screaming???? Well this week it was. He freaked out the whole time he was in there. He would be fine for a few minutes and then start crying again. I really felt so awful!!!! Brad finally ended up going in there to try and calm him down but couldn't leave so he just took him out of nursery during Priesthood. It was awful! I had like 5 people come up to me and say "He is having a hard time in there!" Yes I know!!! I don't need you making me feel more guilty than I already do! I felt sick to my stomach and anxiety ridden for all of Sunday School and in YW. I hated it! I didn't know what to do. I didn't know if it was better to just leave him in there or go in and help or just take him out. I sent someone in there to ask if they wanted me coming in and they said no. Then I peeked in the window and the nursery leader gave me a thumbs up. So I didn't go in.

This week I will probably try something different than just letting him cry the whole time. We will have to see how it will go. It is the 5th Sunday so I don't have to teach so I can take care of him and not Brad. I am hoping he was just tired last week. He had woken up at 7:45 rather than closer to 9:00. So here is to hoping next week will be easier :)

Of course being the mom that I am. I had to capture Cooper's first day of nursery.








































Cooper's first church handout......LOVE!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment