Friday, December 30, 2011

Ugly Sweaters.......Yes Please!

This year for our ward Christmas party I decided that I wanted us to wear ugly sweaters. We have always wanted to do an ugly sweater Christmas party but have never gotten around to it. So I figured this would be fun instead. The adventure started out with a trip to the D.I. My friend Nikki had already made she and her husband ugly sweaters so she joined me on my quest. I found my sweater almost as soon as we got there. It was AMAZING!!!!!! Brad and Cooper on the other hand were a lot harder. I found an okay one for Cooper but then decided I would make Brads completely from scratch. My initial plan was to find ugly sweaters and bring them home and give them a little spin and make them even uglier. Mine however didn't need a thing added to it. Cooper's I just added some bells to make it a little more Christmasy and added an awesome turtle neck!

After hitting up the D.I., the dollar store, and Walmart we headed home to get started. Nikki needed to add some things to their sweaters so we made a day out of it.

Here is Nikki and Me crafting away

We had to make two lasagnas and breadsticks for the Christmas party so I put Brad in charge of the breadsticks because I ran out of time :)

Here is Cooper helping daddy mix the dough. I bought Cooper this baking set form Tupperware so he has a little spatula and whisk just like daddy!
Such good little cooks!

I bought Cooper this snowman headband for him to wear to the party. He absolutely loves headbands and hats so it was right down his alley. He just hung out around the house with it on.

Once the lasagnas, breadsticks, and sweaters were done we got ready to head out. Well so I thought. As we were getting ready to go I got my blurry vision and started getting a migraine. I was so bummed! I had looked forward to the Christmas party all week long. I decided just to go anyways and see how I felt. Well needless to say we didn't stay very long. I got so nauseous and couldn't eat anything! Cooper was crazy and Brad was having to chase him around with no help. We left after being there not even an hour. My whole day of shopping and crafting didn't really pay off because we didn't even get to show them off at all. We came home and I died on the couch and Brad being the AMAZING husband and daddy he is, got Cooper ready and put down for bed. After sleeping for a little bit I woke up and felt much better. I was starving at this point so Brad went out and got me a hot dog from the gas station, chips, and a V-8 splash. Weird cravings but they sounded delicious!


You can tell I am starting to not feel well here. I even bought me a white turtle neck but didn't feel good enough to deal with it. The best part about the picture is that Cooper's mouth is full with a breadstick!


The best part of my sweater is the back.....It has a pie sitting in the window seal with lace as the curtain. Priceless! I lent it out and haven't gotten it back yet or I would post a picture! Oh and it has a metal spoon and fork on the front near the top!

No comments:

Post a Comment