Friday, December 30, 2011

First Sleep Over


So ready to stay at Grandmom's and Papa's house



A couple of weekends ago Brad and I left Cooper for the first time. I have gone out of town a couple of times and Brad has once since Cooper was born. But one of us was always home with Cooper. This was Cooper's first time sleeping away from both of us and at my parents. My parents were so excited to have him. I was a little nervous on how he would do when it came to naps and bedtime. Past experience hasn't been great with trying to get Cooper to sleep anywhere but at home in his crib. But Cooper was perfect for my parents! He was a happy baby and went down for his naps and to bed the first night perfectly! My parents put him in his pack n' play in their bedroom. I took his sound machine, blanky, binky, and pillow and he was content!

Saturday my dad took Cooper to the mall. First, is was the weekend before Christmas so was crazy busy! Second, Cooper hasn't been liking his stroller lately and has just wanted to run around. So I was a little worried on how Coop would do for my dad. He was an angel. He stayed in his stroller perfectly (he wasn't even buckled in and didn't try getting out). The best part is that my dad got half way to the mall and realized he forgot the diaper bag. The real diaper bag was left at his house when he went ot my house to get the stroller. So he had to put a second diaper bag together. Ha ha he's a bit out of practice but he went back and got what he needed and all was well. Saturday night my mom stayed at our house because it was hard trying not to wake Cooper up in the middle of the night so it was just easier. Cooper had a harder night this time. He is getting his eye teeth so woke up in pain a few times. I was just glad that he did so well the first night at their house and in his pack n' play so that I know he is getting better at sleeping away from home.

Brad and I were in Idaho Falls for his cousin Megan's wedding. We went up Friday and did a session in the Rexburg Temple, then the wedding was in the Idaho Falls temple so that is where we stayed. We didn't really do much other than the wedding stuff. We did a little bit of shopping and lots of eating! We missed Cooper like crazy. I was so tempted to come home Saturday night because I was missing Cooper. But we headed home early Sunday morning because my family was having a Christmas party that we needed to get back for.

Although we missed Cooper like crazy it was good to get away and know that he was in good hands and was having a good time.

No comments:

Post a Comment