Friday, October 22, 2010

Two Firsts!!!

This has been a big week for Cooper. On Sunday October 17th he rolled over for the first time. We were watching the Sunday Night Football game. The Colts were playing. And for the ones who know anything about Brad he NEVER misses a Colts game if it's on tv. Well I was getting ready to put Cooper in his pajamas so he was just hanging out without his diaper on. My child absolutely LOVES being naked. He starts kicking his legs and swinging his arms like crazy and makes these hilarious little noises and faces. I have a video but since he's naked I'm not going to post it. I figured I would let him hang out on a blanket and have some naked tummy time. Besides how can I resist wanting to see his cute little bum. Well as he was laying there he kept bringing his knees up under him and sticking his bum in the air. Almost into a crawl position but his little arms aren't strong enough yet so he kept pushing to his side. He tried for a few minutes to roll to his right but it wasn't working then he went for his left. After a few minutes of kicking his little feet he finally rolled over. It was amazing seeing such a great little victory. Our good friends Nikki and Tim and my dad were all over at our house to witness it along with me and Brad. He hasn't done it again yet but he kicks those little legs and gets up on his knees and sure tries. Now if he could just figure out how to get that dang arm out of the way :)

The other first that we had this week was on Wednesday October 27th Cooper GIGGLED for the very first time. Again I was getting Cooper ready for bed and he was enjoying some naked time. Cooper is a skinny little thing and the only ounce a fat on him is his double chin. So I was kissing his chubby little neck and he giggled. Again my friend Nikki was over and this time Brad wasn't around. Brad and Nikki's husband Tim were helping a friend with some computer stuff so Nikki came over and hung out until the guys were done. I was shocked because he had never giggled before so I thought it was just a fluke. But I kept kissing his neck and chin and he just kept giggling even harder. It was the absolutely CUTEST little giggle that I had ever heard. I know every mom feels that way about their own baby :) But honestly I was in love with his little giggle! Obviously I tried to catch in on the camera but once the camera came out he stopped doing it.

It has been a really big week of milestones and I can't wait to see what is in store for us next.



Cooper loving on Grandpa Gary

I'm worried he is going to be a thumb sucker it always manages to find it's way to his mouth if he loses his binky
Hanging out in his robe before bath time

Nothing feels better than seeing this little face look straight at you especially because it usually give me the biggest little grin :)

I FINALLY caught a picture of his big smile

1 comment:

  1. He is SUCH a cutie! I can't wait until my little guy is rolling and giggling!

    ReplyDelete