Thursday, October 14, 2010

10-10-10 What A SPECIAL Day!!!!

Well we finally blessed Cooper on 10-10-10. We were waiting to bless him because Brad's family all live out of town and this is when everyone was able to come. I knew that Brad's mom was coming from Georgia and was going to stay for awhile so she could meet Cooper and spend some time with him. Brad's brother Rich his wife Jamie and their baby Abel came up from Cedar City. Brad's sister Karrin and her husband Mike came here straight from their honeymoon. But the big surprise was that Brad's sister Julie, her husband Tyler and their 3 boys Mike, Jack and Bennett drove here from Washington. So I guess a few weeks before Cooper's blessing Julie decided that they were going to drive here. But Brad along with his siblings decided they would keep it a secret and surprise me. Well Brad's mom didn't get the memo and ruined the surprise the first night she was here :) I was so glad that all of Brad's family could be here for this SPECIAL day! With Brad's family all here we made a busy and fun weekend out of it (I will do another post about this).

I am so lucky that Brad is a worthy priesthood holder and was able to bless our little Cooper. I say little but he is getting soooo big it is crazy. We were also so lucky to have so many family members that were able to stand in the circle (Brad, his brother, 2 brother in laws, my dad, my grandpa, and our friend Jason). I was worried how Cooper was going to do because when we got to church he started getting really fussy because it was time for him to go down for a nap. But he was perfect and wide eyed the entire blessing. Brad's blessing was so special and perfect!
We had so many friends and family come and support us. I felt bad because I didn't know there was going to be two other blessings this same day so it was a full sacrament meeting. It took almost 45 minutes to pass the sacrament :)

After we had everyone over to our house. We were lucky it was nice outside so we could set up chairs because their was really so many people who came. It was such a perfect day and I wouldn't change anything about it. The only thing I could kick myself about is that I was so busy making sure everything went smoothly that I didn't take any pictures! The only pictures I got were of Cooper before we went to church. Oh well I guess I got pictures of the most important one :)

I was blessed in a Feltman Bros. outfit so Cooper had to also. I found it at Nordstroms and the only one I liked was this baby blue color. He looked adorable though! I topped the outfit off with a gorgeous white afghan and these little blue booties which were both made by my grandma.

I just can't get enough of this precious face!

He had no idea how special this day really was!
The only picture of Brad and I. Someone snuck it with our camera :)

Cooper, Indiana and Me all napping after all of the excitement!

No comments:

Post a Comment