Sunday, October 31, 2010

My Little Monkey

So if you read my blog you know how I call Cooper my little MONKEY. The day we brought him home from the hospital he looked like a little monkey the way he sat in his car seat. And still to this day he clings like a little monkey, lays with his fist like a monkey, makes faces that look like a monkey, and does this thing with his mouth that makes him look like a monkey. So because of this he gets called monkey a lot more than he gets called Cooper........at least by me. I think another reason I had to come up with a nickname for him is because we call Indiana our dog by: buddy, Mr., handsome, and say good boy to him. Indiana responds to all of these along with his real name and usually only gets called Indiana if he is in trouble. So every time one of us calls Cooper one of those name Indiana runs over or looks at you like you are talking to him. So we quickly had to get out of the habit of calling Cooper by those nicknames.

Needless to say, when I saw this monkey costume at Costco I knew Cooper had to dress as a monkey for Halloween. Obviously he is still little so some fancy costume wouldn't be comfy for him and he wouldn't have stayed a happy baby if we would have tried putting him in it. So this costume worked perfect because it was super soft and fluffy so he didn't mind wearing it at all. I also loved that he got to wear it three times (family party, I took him to my Young Women's Halloween party, and then on Halloween). Thinking back I wish I would have taken him to the bike race in his costume, he would have stayed super warm.

Cutest Monkey ever!!!

Cooper and Mom on Halloween

Look at that chubby monkey belly

Daddy and Cooper on Halloween

Cooper LOVES his binky

Look at that handsome smile

Again with that fist in his mouth....if there isn't a binky there is a fist :)

3 comments: