Thursday, November 4, 2010

One Year Ago Today!!!!

One year ago today Brad and I got the best news that we had ever received!

It was exactly a year ago today that we found out we were going to be having Cooper. It was such a crazy day. I knew that I was late so I took a pregnancy test before Brad got home from work. To my surprise and hopeful wishing I got a positive pregnancy test. I had always wanted to come up with a cute way to tell Brad when I got pregnant, but it didn't work out that way. I had a 3 hour class that night and I knew I couldn't go sit in a class for that long without telling Brad the AMAZING news. I was bummed I didn't have time to put something cute together before I left for my class. So when he got home from work I came down the stairs holding the test. When I showed him he asked me "Really?" His face showed a little excitement, shock, and happiness. He really didn't know what to say. He now admits that when I told him he immediately starting thinking about insurance and money and all the not so fun details. It all had to soak in.

A year later we have the most amazing, adorable, fun little boy that we could have ever hoped for. We are so blessed with what the past year has brought us. We couldn't be happier.

We Love You Cooper!!!!!




2 comments:

  1. Did you see the episode of "Modern Family" when Gloria celebrates the anniversary of everything between she and her husband - first kiss, first date, etc? That's what this post made me think of - not that you're celebrating as much as reminiscing. A positive pregnancy test is such an exciting memory. Brad's reaction is classic Brad. We can't wait for you and Cooper to get here so we can squeeze his little head off - metaphorically of coarse. Hurry up and get here!

    ReplyDelete
  2. So sweet! I remember when I got a possitive on the pregnancy test and I was so excited and shocked at the same time! Its such a wonderful experience! You make me want to be better at keeping up on my blogs!

    ReplyDelete