Sunday, March 25, 2012

St. Patty's Day 5K



Well I ran/walked my first 5K on St. Patrick's Day. My friend Amy convinced me to do it and I was a little nervous. I have not been running or doing anything to prepare for it. I was going to start running the weeks leading up to it but I had a severe allergic reaction on my hip to a medicine from the doctor (story for another post). So I wasn't able to run or workout. We decided to push the boys. I was happy because if I was walking I didn't look like such a wimp. I really hadn't planned on running very much because I am soooo out of shape.

Since it was St. Patricks day we had to run in something green and the boys needed something too. We found these bright green workout shirts and the boys these little St. Patty's day shirts at Old Navy. They were perfect!

Yes Amy and I were wearing the same Lulu Lemon jacket....and no we didn't plan it!
Well the morning came and it was freezing and really windy! We bundled up and we were ready to go. Luckily Cooper had green rain boots and a green jacket to wear. It said it was supposed to be rainy all morning so I was quite nervous. But it didn't rain at all. Luckily!


Brad and my dad came to support. It was really sweet of them! They drove to the middle of the route so they could cheer us on. It was hilarious. They would get out and take pictures like it was this serious race. Super embarrassing but it is nice having the pictures and knowing they cared enough about me to make fools of themselves :)

Between the wind, having to stop to adjust the boys hats and gloves, give them snacks, Amy's hurt foot (her doctor had told her not to run for 2 weeks but we still did), and the heavy jogging strollers our time wasn't great by any means. But it was quicker then I had thought we would do. My official time was 39:16:9 and I took 14th place in my age group and 160th overall. Definitely not amazing but I wanted to document it!


It is nice saying I have completed a 5k. I am wanting to completely run one in April. Then we are going to do the Race for the Cure in May. Brad said he would do this one with me so we will probably walk it.

Here we are about to cross the finish line.....watch Cooper as we pass!

No comments:

Post a Comment