Friday, March 30, 2012

Poison Ivy....graphic pics

I went to the dermatologist a few weeks ago. I have a wart on my toe (I know really gross) that I wanted to get taken care of. My doctor reccommended trying a particular treatment that involves using poison ivy. I guess warts are a virus so in order to treat them they need to shock your immune system. So I guess one way they do this is by putting poison ivy on the wart. But before they do that they want to test a small area on your hip to see how you react. It either won't do anything or may blister up a little. But only on the small area they treated. The original area was about the size a finger nail. It blistered up a tiny bit but was never painful. It completely healed and just had a dry spot when the blister had been. Then over a week after the treatment I woke up to picture 1. I was a little freaked out. I called the office and of course with it being a Friday no one was in. I had to wait it out over the weekend or go to Instacare. I waited it out. It just continued to spread. Initially I could cover the blisters with a large bandaid. By the time Monday came around I coundn't even cover it anymore (pic 2). Of course I called them Monday and they had no available appointments so I couldn't be seen until Tuesday. Apparently I had a severe allergic reaction. My doctor gave me an ointment to apply and it did wonders. After one day of using it it turn to picture 3. It cleared up really quickly. I was happy too because it was painful and itchy and I couldn't carry Cooper around on my hip with it there.



Lesson learned: I am severely allergic to poison ivy so hopefully I never have any close encounters with it!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment