Monday, March 26, 2012

Sick Baby

We have had a sick baby on our hands. I HATE when my baby is sick. It breaks my heart.

It all started last Wednesday at about 10:00 pm. Cooper had gone down like usual but right around when I was going to bed I heard him begin coughing. I just got the feeling we were going to be in for a long night. I HAD NO IDEA however how long it really would be. The coughing finally woke Cooper up at 11:00 and didn't fall asleep again until 4:00 am. He was wide awake for 5 HOURS!!!!!

I got up and gave him medicine and a cup of warm milk. I rocked him and got him to sleep. But the second I tried laying him in his crib he would scream. So I tried bringing him to my bed...no luck. I put him back in his crib and let him cry for about 20 minutes but he wasn't going to be calming down and I didn't want him to make his cough any worse than it already was. So I took him downstairs and watched tv for an hour. I was sure he would fall asleep....nope! I tried going upstairs and rocking him again. He just wanted down. He kept walking in our bedroom and finally got Brad up. We all went downstairs. He had just wanted all of us up together apparently! Brad and I laid on the couch with Indiana but Cooper just wanted to wander around and play. I finally couldn't take it anymore. I took him back upstairs, rocked him a bit, then laid him down. He cried for about 10 minutes and finally fell asleep. He had to have been exhausted!


I was sure he would sleep in....but of course he was up at 7:30. Brad left for work at about 8. I fell asleep on the couch until 9:30. I didn't mean to and panicked when I realized I had fallen asleep. Cooper could have been hurt, made a huge mess, or really anything. But he had just been watching tv and playing with his toys. I was so relieved. Apparently that hour and a 1/2 was enough for me because I was fine the rest of the day.

He did not feel good and insisted on keeping his binky and blanky with him all day. Normally they stay in the crib!

The next night he was only awake for 2 hours.....a huge improvement!!! Luckily he is now almost over the cold and is back to sleeping thru the night.

Listen to that little sick voice!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment