Saturday, March 26, 2011

Rub A Dub Dub!


Cooper has always and still LOVES bath time! He gets so happy and bubbly in the bath. I love bath time too. Now that he's bigger he is so fun to watch in the bath. He sits there, reaches for, and plays with everything. Even squeaking his hand on the side of the tub is funny to him. He loves watching the water fill the tub and plays with the water coming out of the faucet. He loves splashing and getting water everywhere.

I think I am a little OCD when it comes to Cooper's bath routine. It has to be the same each time or it drives me nuts. Here is how it has to go:
  • My bed must be made. (We dress him on the bed)
  • Start filling the tub with water
  • Get Cooper's clothes, diaper, lotion (1 for body, 1 for face), toothbrush, hair brush, q-tip, baby powder all together on the bed
  • Put washcloth and towel in bathroom
  • Get Cooper undressed and in the tub
  • When in the tub he plays for awhile
  • Then lay him down on his turtle bath sponge
  • Start with his kneck, arms, hands
  • Move to lower half
  • Then do his hair, face, ears
  • I am kind of anal and have to make sure every inch gets done every time
  • Rinse, sit him back up and he continues to play
I love being the one to bathe Cooper. But when Brad's home I let him do it too. When Brad bathes Coop I can't watch. If I do I want to have Brad do it the same exact way as me. I know that this is crazy, not logical and Cooper can be bathed in a different order and fashion than I do it and will still get clean. But rather than driving myself and Brad nuts, it is just best if I don't watch. This doesn't go just for the bathing Cooper. It is for the dressing process as well.
  • Lotion Cooper all up
  • Baby powder bum and put on diaper
  • Brush his teeth then let him hold brush for the rest of the process so he doesn't squirm and want to crawl off
  • Put on clothes
  • Clean ears
  • Clean everything up
I have the entire process down and it has to go the same way every time. I even get the tub emptied, toys cleaned up, lotion and stuff put away, dirty clothes put in the laundry and everything cleaned up in the exact same order. This is the process that Brad leaves for me because he hasn't gotten down handling Cooper and cleaning up the stuff. Although this is the part that is funny to watch Brad do.

I know I am kinda crazy and like I said a but OCD about it but we have gotten into a routine and I like how it goes. Cooper gets his bath every other day and wiped down from head to toe with a washcloth when he doesn't get bathed. This is just a routine that works well for us. Cooper seems to like routine like me and that is fine with me!


No comments:

Post a Comment