Tuesday, March 8, 2011

Holden Nicolas Frantz is here!!!!!

I am officially an aunt for the 5th time (but the 1st on my side). My brother Chase and his girlfriend Kaitlin had a boy on Sunday, March 6. Holden makes FIVE nephews (9 if you include Brad's sister's step sons) and no nieces. It's amazing that there are so many boys in our family. But I'm not complaining because boys are so stinking fun and cute. I LOVE having a boy!!!

Well the excitement all started on Sunday when Kaitlin went in to be induced at 7:30 am. She was already really far along so we thought it was going to go rather quickly. Well Holden had other plans. She progressed amazingly until she hit an 8. Then she was stuck there for hours. After about 14 hours of labor they ended up having to have a C-section. Holden was face up and the cord was wrapped around his neck twice so they rushed her in for the C-section. He was born shortly after 11 pm. My parents and sister had been there since about 11. Brad, Cooper and I headed up around 2:00. My grandma, aunt, and cousin headed up about 8:30. We definitely didn't think we would be there so long. Cooper was AMAZING the entire time! He just played on his blanket and enjoyed walking around the hospital and being held by everyone. The only upset was he exploded and I being the great mom didn't bring a change of clothes (he hasn't needed a change of clothes while we are out in a very long time). So we had to go buy him a new outfit :) He usually goes to sleep at 8. So we put him into his car seat around then and he slept for about 45 min. Then he was up and as happy as could be until 12:30. He definitely wasn't wanting to miss any of the action. I felt like a horrible parent having him out so late but his cousin is only born once right? I didn't want to miss it!!! Kaitlin, Chase and Holden are all doing great!

Holden Nicolas Frantz
7 lbs 1 oz, 19 in long


Coop and Kailtin
Chase, Kaitlin, Coop, me and Brad
(I don't know why Aspen wasn't in this picture)

Aspen is such a good aunt. She entertained Cooper and helped
with him all day long. He loves her!

Big boy Cooper
I came back from getting food and Aspen had mo-hawked Cooper's hair ha ha
Cooper got some popsicle. This picture is his reaction to the cold at first
but then he loved it. He threw a little fit when I took it away.
Chase all ready to go into the C-section. I didn't get a picture of Kaitlin
she was in a ton of pain, scared, and emotional. I didn't want to intrude.
Getting all checked out

He has Kaitlin's eyes but is all Chase from the Nose down. He's adorable!
I love him!
First time I have gotten to hold one of my nephews right after he was born.
None of them live here :(
The 3 Frantz boys
Such a proud daddy!
The new little family
My parents
He has the sweetest little cry
(I had forgotten how quiet they are in the beginning)
He made an entrance and screamed the whole way down the hall
Cooper didn't know what to think. Cooper looked HUGE next to Holden.

We are so excited for the new addition to our family. I can't wait to see his little personality and for Cooper to have a little best buddy to play with. I forgot how amazing having a new little baby really is. It's a good thing I still have one of my own! Congrats Chase and Kaitlin!

No comments:

Post a Comment