Tuesday, March 15, 2011

Cooper's Crawling!

Well my baby is officially mobile and 8 months old today! For about the past 3 weeks Cooper has been scooting all over the place. He would take a few crawls on his hands but then would just lay down and scoot to where ever it was he wanted to go. But almost a week ago he started crawling on his hands and knees. It really is amazing how quickly they learn how to do something and then how they have already mastered it. Cooper has found 2 new favorite things now that he can explore. The first is cords. He can spot them out of the corner of his eye and then is there as quick as he can go. Whether it's the laptop cord downstairs, my flat iron cord, phone cord, or whatever one he finds. The laptop is plugged in at the kitchen table so he always knows he can get to that one when he's downstairs. We are going to have to figure out what to do with the laptop now. Then when he's upstairs in our room he knows exactly where to go to get my cords. It's amazing he remembers exactly where to go every time. The computer/treadmill room upstairs is totally off limits with all the cords that are in there! His other favorite is those door stoppers. The ones you touch and they vibrate and make that annoying noise. Indiana used to be obsessed with those when he was a puppy. He just sits there and hits them over and over.

Some other new stuff with Cooper is that he can now feed himself finger foods. I can put food on his high chair tray and he can grab it and put it in his mouth. This has made it so much easier. He can eat in church, or in his stroller, or in the cart at the store. I think he is loving the freedom of being able to do it himself. He has also started throwing fits. If you take something away from him or don't give him what he wants he grunts and whines and flails those little arms. It hilarious to watch. He has also learned how to roar. He will just sit there and do it. I need to catch it on video still. Another thing I need to catch on video is Cooper dancing. Every time he hears music he starts to dance. I can even say "Dance" and he will start. Cutest little dancer ever! He is getting to be so big but he is definitely still a mama's boy and I LOVE it!!!!

I can't believe 8 months has already passed. It's hard because I get so excited when he learns something new but then so sad at the same time because he isn't my tiny little baby anymore. Yes he has gotten to be so fun but it's still sad. I can't believe that in four short months he will be one. That probably sounds like a while to most of you but when I look back at how quickly the past 8 months have gone, four months seems like nothing :(

This picture is the epitome of Cooper. He always somehow
ends up half naked and missing a sock.

Crawling around in the kitchen

Watching mom and dad clean out/organize the garage.
We call this his Russian hat, it's too big but I just grabbed it while we did the garage.

He crawled in and then just laid in Indiana's bed

He loves giving himself kisses in the mirror

I was putting together my new jogger and I found him like this


About to sneeze

Feeding himself makes him so happy

Such a happy boy. Look at those teeth!

4 comments:

  1. He is so darling. That's awesome that he is crawling and developing so well. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a cute little guy. Kisses in the mirror? It doesn't get any more precious than that! I'm glad you are so dilligent in capturing and posting all the cute moments.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Soooo cute! Elizabeth is always missing socks too :) The time does go by super fast! Sometimes when Elizabeth figures out how to do something new, or says a new word (which is like everyday now) I have to take a moment to be a little sad that she just keeps growing up too fast. But it is always a happy thing. I love all the pictures!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh my gosh Kacey, I seriously just want to EEEAAATTT him! Can we PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE get together soon?! I will help you make baby food!!!! Oh and THANKS for inviting us the last hundred times you guys hung out with Danny & Alex. MAJOR sad face :(

    ReplyDelete