Monday, January 31, 2011

First Little Family Vacation

Well we officially took our first little family vacation. Cooper and I had already taken a trip to Washington last November, but this was our first trip with Brad. Brad's cousin was getting sealed in the St. George temple on Saturday so we decided to go down for it. We left Friday around 1:30 after Cooper's doctors appointment, Brad working a half day, and getting Indiana dropped off at my parents. Cooper did awesome on the drive down. He slept for the first 1 1/2 hours or so and then we stopped in Filmore so he could eat. Once we got started up again I sat in the back and played with him for a bit. He started to get fussy because he was tired (he had just gotten he shots so he wasn't feeling the greatest). After maybe 10 min of crying he finally fell asleep and slept most of the rest of the way.

We got to St. George and checked into our hotel. We planned on going to dinner with some of Brad's cousins but they weren't in yet so I wanted to take Cooper swimming. Right as we got all dressed one of his cousins called and said we were going to go to dinner and not wait for his other cousins. I was really sad because I was so excited to take Cooper swimming for the first time. We got back into our clothes and went to dinner at Parrothead Island Grill. After dinner I was determined to take Cooper swimming even though it was his bed time (I know mom of the year award). We got to the pool and there was probably 20 teenage boys in the pool messing around and being crazy. Cooper didn't know what to think of all the noise. Well I got him in the pool and he was VERY hesitant at first. He was trying to take in the water along with all the craziness. After a bit he warmed up to it and started splashing and having a good time. We didn't stay very long because it was late and we would swim more the next day. We went back and bathed Cooper and put him to bed. He slept in his pack'n play and surprising went to bed real easily. He was exhausted I'm sure! I didn't get to sleep until about 2:00. It was uncomfortable and I could hear every noise Cooper made. I am not used to sleeping in the same room as Coop. He's been in his crib in his own room since he was 2 weeks old.

Saturday morning we woke up and got ready for the day. I went to visit my friend Alicia who had just had her baby while Brad went to the temple. I had Cooper so I wasn't able to go to the sealing. But it was so fun seeing Alicia and baby Maddelin who was only 3 days old. After the sealing I headed to the temple and picked up Brad. Then everyone who was in town went to lunch at Iggy's. It was a good time but Cooper got fussy because he was getting tired. We headed back to the hotel and both Cooper and I napped. I was exhausted from the horrible sleep I had gotten the night before. Once we woke up we went swimming again. Brad got in the water this time. The water was cold so we didn't swim for very long. We got in the hot tub and Cooper sat next to us and warmed up from the steam and just played. After swimming we cleaned up and went and got frozen yogurt and Wendy's for dinner. We just relaxed the rest of the night and were in bed by 9:45 so we could get up early and head home the next morning. Brad and I decided to sleep in separate beds since we had 2 queens in the room and we both slept restlessly the first night because the beds were horrible and we are used to sleeping in a king. I must say we all slept better the second night.


Just arrived at the hotel

So excited to be on vacation

Cooper right when we got to the hotel


Ready to go swimming

Sucked on his swimming suit string until he got comfortable

Cooper after he warmed up to the pool


Bundled after getting out of the pool


Looking at himself in the mirror

Dad and Coop all ready to go swimming (2nd night)

Just waiting for cousins to arrive so we can go to the pool

Attacked the cheese balls (right after this picture he grabbed the bin and started sucking on it)....yeah we bought cheese balls!

Daddy and Coop swimming

Hanging out by the hot tub

Giving mommy kisses

Ready for a shower after swimming

Just woke up

Getting ready to head home

It was a really short and fun trip. I don't know that I would have wanted to stay much longer. There isn't a whole lot to do when you have a baby :) But getting away for the weekend was just what we needed.

No comments:

Post a Comment