Thursday, January 13, 2011

A New Year and Some Recents

2010 was an amazing year! I would have to say the best by far. Not only for the most obvious reason (Cooper) but for many other things.
  • 2010 started off with the anticipation of having a baby
  • we found out the sex of our baby
  • decided on a name for the baby
  • got to see and feel our baby move
  • watched me grow and grow
  • I graduated from the U of U in May
  • I quit teaching preschool in June (It had been my favorite job....that is until I became a mom)
  • Brad got promoted to Sr. Accountant which allowed me to be a stay-at-home mom
  • celebrated our 3 year anniversary
  • got to meet our little Monkey
  • found out Cooper was going to be getting a cousin on my side, sooner then we had expected but we are still excited
  • Sister-in-law got married
  • discovered how amazing it is to be parents
This year has opened my eyes to how truly blessed I am. This year has been so rewarding but a lot of work. Finishing school was the greatest accomplishment that I had made until having Coop. Pregnancy even seemed easier than school now that I think about it. I was lucky to have an easy pregnancy and LOVED being pregnant. Brad was so supportive with everything. He helped around the house and didn't expect me to do everything or really anything other than school, work, and keep myself healthy. I am so lucky to have a husband who is willing to work full-time, come home clean, make dinner, do dishes, laundry, etc. if I need help with any of it. I sometime have to make him not help now otherwise he always jumps in and helps with everything. I feel like he needs a break sometimes!

I have a few things that I want to work on this year. I have a problem with focusing on what I don't have or what I want. This year I am going to make a point at looking at what I am blessed to have in my life. Here are some other things that I hope to get better at to make this year better than last:
  • Read scriptures everyday
  • Say morning and night prayers
  • Read the Ensign every month (this was a personal goal and then my Relief Society made it this years challenge so now I have another reason to make sure I accomplish it)
  • Go to the temple once a month........we used to go once a month but we haven't been since Cooper was born :(
  • Get better at leaving Cooper....I don't like leaving him so I pretty much don't do anything without him and it is starting to drive Brad crazy!
  • Get our food storage and 72 hour kits together (this was going to be our Christmas but the whole new tires thing kinda happened instead)
  • Start working out....I wish I could say again but I never really have been good at it :)
  • Be more aware of what I can do for others rather than focusing on myself and my little family
  • Keep enjoying being Cooper's mom!
Here are some recents of our little monkey

Ha ha Coop makes the funniest faces

Mr. Coop loves his blanky and binky.....won't go to sleep without them

Really is SUCH a happy baby

Cutest little Colts fan I've ever seen

They really love each other and can interact now it's adorable. Indiana makes Cooper laugh.

Sitting up like a big boy

Loves his bath

I love his big eyes

He's even a stud in his robe

Eats anything he can get his hands on

Helping mom make the bed

3 comments:

  1. It was a lot of fun reading this blog! I have many of the same goals. It's so fun watching these kids grow up. Before you know it, we'll all be too old to talk about anything else but the weather and our health. Love you guys!

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a fun year for you guys! Cooper is super cute as always! I love the 1st pic in his bumbo and all the bathrobe pictures too!

    ReplyDelete