Sunday, January 2, 2011

Flat Tire???

Well I officially got my first flat tire ever! I was really lucky that it didn't turn out worse than it did. It all started with me needing to take a trip to Costco. My friend Amy wanted to get out of the house so we decided to go together. I drove to her house and picked her and her brand new 3 week old baby up. Amy needed to get a gift card from Jordan Commons so we went there first. Right as we were about to pull into Jordan Commons I started hearing this noise and I tried to convince myself it wasn't my car. Once we could pull over Amy jumped out too look and sure enough one of my tires was completely flat! Well I pulled over and parked and got Brad on the phone. It was freezing outside, we had two babies, and I have never changed a tire before so we resorted to calling the roadside assistance that we have through our car insurance. They said they would be 45 minutes so we just decided to hang out in the car. Needless to say an hour and a half later they showed up and changed my tire. Which I have to add took them about 4 minutes total to do. But sure enough my spare was low on air so I was told to drive straight to the gas station to fill it with air. Another experience that I have never had to do. So instead I talked with Brad and decided just to go to Discount Tire which was right next to the gas station. Brad left work early so he could come to the tire place and switch me cars, because remember I have TWO babies in the back seat. We were so lucky that both babies slept the entire time until we pulled into Discount Tire. They were both hungry so we sat in Brad's car and fed them.

Brad handled the tire stuff which was really nice because we didn't only need to replace the flat tire but ALL FOUR TIRES! I was not happy because there went our Christmas. We weren't planning on doing much for Christmas anyways because we had decided to get our food storage started for Christmas. But since we had to get tires that didn't happen. Oh well. I was thankful that the tire didn't blow when I had been on the freeway or something and no other damage was made to the car. I also figure we got them replaced so will be good for a few years :) The new tires are also lots better in the snow. We couldn't have gotten them any sooner either because we have had a few huge snow storms since and the new tires do so much better in the snow.

Thanks Brad for leaving work to help me and thanks Amy for making our 3 hour adventure of getting nothing that we needed to accomplished fun!!!

Me and my first flat tire

The babies being SOOOO GOOD!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment