Thursday, January 27, 2011

Mom and Dad's Day Out Disaster

A few weeks ago I gave in and let my parents babysit Cooper. I've mentioned before how I have a really hard time leaving him. Brad has been dying to go see a movie (he's even gone a few time without me). So I gave in and said we could go. It didn't turn out to be the fun day we had hoped for. We headed to In N Out with our friends Nikki and Tim before the movie and while we were there I got a migraine. I was nauseous and couldn't enjoy my food. I debated just going home and skipping the movie but we had already purchased our tickets to see True Grit and I didn't want to bail on our friends or Brad so I said I would try to tough it out. Nikki and Tim even said they wouldn't talk the whole way to the movie so I could rest in the car ha ha. We got to the movie and I thought I was going to die. I was miserable the first 1/3 of the movie. I kept Brad's popcorn bucket close just in case I needed it. I had my shoes off legs up and was curled in a little ball on the seat. Luckily I got through it and the migraine and nausea went away and I was able to enjoy the rest of the movie. So the one time I gave in and left Cooper it back fired. Lesson learned: I should just stay home and hang out with my Coop or do things where he can come with :)

Back home Cooper had a ton of fun with Grandmom and Grandpa and Aunt Aspen. Here are some pics.

I love this one because Cooper has his crinkled nose and you can tell he was laughing

Grandpa and Coop

Cooper loves noses

Cooper and Grandmom reading a store

So content

I'm not sure why it's sideways, but he kept putting his book
in his mouth and would put his arms down and just hold it with his mouth

Coop, Aunt Aspen and Indiana

This is how Aunt Aspen and Indiana ended up. They were napping ha ha

Worn out from all the playing

3 comments:

  1. Don't take the migraine as a sign that you shouldn't go out. Take it from me, GO OUT WHEN YOU GET THE CHANCE. Take advantage of having trustworthy babysitters nearby who LOVE to be with your child! It will get easier to leave him:)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I agree with Julie! It's important for you and Brad to get away every once in a while. I get (run) away as often as I can :). I meant to tell you the other day, if you ever get a migraine while Brad is at work, don't hestitate to call me! I would love to help you out with Cooper.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am going to agree with you Kacey, ONLY because we are in the EXACT same stage, with our first babies/boys the same age. My MIL got snappy the other day and told me I should have left Isaiah with her while Jon and I picked up the elliptical we bought. In my head I told her to kiss my a**, Isaiah is attached to my hip and I don't enjoy being away from him. Ever.

    ReplyDelete