Sunday, August 7, 2011

Mr. Mom and a trip to Insta Care


While I was at Youth Conference Brad got to have a little taste of being Mr. Mom. I was so not excited about leaving Cooper but was excited for Brad and Cooper to have this bonding time with each other. Cooper woke up really early Thursday morning when I was getting ready to leave. He had a runny nose and a little cough so I was really nervous that he was getting sick and was going to be miserable for Brad. He was really grumpy that morning but I knew he was still tired since he woke up so early and had gotten to bed late. He was so grumpy he wouldn't hug or kiss me buy or anything. So that didn't make leaving any easier.

My mom and Aspen came over to watch Cooper during the day while Brad was at work. He was pretty good during the days but he was getting sick so was a little grumpier than usual. Luckily he loves my mom and Aspen and they know his routine so that helped. Thursday night he was exhausted and laid down perfectly for Brad. He woke up at 4:30 with a wet diaper but Brad changed him and he went right back to sleep. He was still sleeping when Brad left for work Friday morning. Brad came home early from work Friday so my mom could get to work. They hung out all night and he was in bed by 7:15 pm. He woke up at 11:30 pm and was up until 1:30 am. He was being grumpy and just wanted to be held and cuddle dad.

Let me jump back and explain that there was NO PHONE SERVICE up at Youth Conference. I was freaking out! I was having a hard enough time leaving Cooper but to not be able to call home and check up on him made it even worse. When we got up there however we discovered we had internet. I was so excited. I could e-mail Brad. This made it a lot easier. He was able to update me with everything that was happening. He even e-mailed me some pictures and a video of Cooper to hold me over.

Brad and Cooper had a really good time together. I love that they were able to spend some one on one time together. I am however glad that I wasn't gone any longer then I was. I couldn't wait to get home. But when I got home I came home to a sick baby. I walked in and he was crying. I couldn't wait to love on him and cuddle him. Brad had told me how he had a horrible diaper rash and under his chin and his nose was all chapped and had sores on it. He has been slobbering for months and has had those red bumps on his chin but this was much worse! He looked fine when I left Thursday. Brad said it appeared Friday afternoon and just had gotten worse. I immediately called his pediatrician to see if I needed to bring him in. They were closed but she recommended taking him to insta care or bringing him in Sunday morning. I was so bothered by how his face looked we went straight to insta care. I had been home maybe 20 minutes. I hadn't showered or anything. I threw some clean clothes and hat on and we were off.




Insta Care was dead! We were in and out of there. It turns out his pediatrician was right. He has a strep/staph infection called Impetigo aka Infantigo. It is really nasty. It is this crusty scabby rash around his nose and mouth. It blisters up and they pop. It really looks so sad! On top of that he has a yeast bum rash that has like open sores too. So we walked out of there with prescriptions for a bum cream (Nystatin), an ointment for his face (Mupirocin), and an oral antibiotic (Cephalexin). No wonder he had been fussy for Brad. These open sores all over can't be pleasant. But since I have been home he hasn't really seemed like it bothers him much until you need to wipe his face or bum. But the Impetigo/Infantigo is highly contagious so no church for us today or going anywhere until the rash is completely heeled off his face.


On Sunday.....Looks way better then yesterday!

I hate that I wasn't here to take care of my sick baby but I am glad that Brad was able to be with him. Brad knew just what to do to make him feel better. Cooper loves his daddy! I am SOOO happy to be home with my boys. I am definitely okay with having to stay home today and just relax and then get to spend time with my baby all week!

The video Brad sent me
(You can see Cooper's selective hearing has already started)

No comments:

Post a Comment