Monday, August 15, 2011

Lions and Tigers and Bears Oh my!!!

Well maybe not! The Hogle Zoo isn't that cool right now but oh well. Last Tuesday I took Cooper to the zoo for the first time. I have been wanting to take him all summer long. I had contemplated buying a season pass to the zoo but we just live so far away that I knew we wouldn't make it up there very much. Maybe next summer!


I was so excited to see how he would like the zoo! We went with Amy, Emmett, Kaitlin and Maleah. We started off with lunch at Einsteins and then headed to the zoo for the bird show. Cooper was a little restless and wanted to be all over the place. But the second a bird or flock of birds flew over our heads he was glued on them. It was hilarious to see all the babies eyes get big when they saw the birds. After the birds we went and saw the elephants, monkeys, giraffes, and that's about it. Ha ha the zoo is really sad these days. There is a lot of construction going on so hopefully it will be better next year. There wasn't nearly as many animals as their used to be when I would go as a child. We didn't walk around the entire zoo because babies were getting tired and it was a really hot day. Next time we go we will start earlier in the morning. I have now heard about the dinosaurs they have at the zoo right now. That exhibit ends this week so I am going to try to make it out there again so Cooper can see them.


I definitely have a different perspective doing these kinds of things as a parent. I don't do it for myself I do it to see how Cooper likes it and hope that he enjoys it. He loved the zoo. He could lounge in his stroller eating a bagel with cream cheese drinking his water and watching all the animals.


His favorite part was probably the globe water ball. He loved to get out and touch it and play in the water. I got drenched buy some older kids messing around whose parents were no where to be found but oh well. Luckily it was a hot day! Here is a video of him with the water globe.

No comments:

Post a Comment