Thursday, August 11, 2011

h2o PoLo


(Part of our team....some disappeared before the pic)


As many of you know I played water polo in high school. Water polo isn't the easiest sport to just get a pick up game together and do every now and then. Because of this I haven't played much since high school. I played a little on the U's water polo team in college and did an adult summer league 3 summers ago. I wasn't able to do it last summer because I had just had Cooper and the summer before I had a class on Wednesday nights which is when the games are. Since I am graduated and I'm not pregnant, this summer was perfect for me to play water polo.


I signed up with my friend Amy who I played with in high school and my neighbor Nikki who I played against in high school. Nikki was only able to play with me in 1 game because she found out she was pregnant....YAY!!!!! I was really excited and couldn't wait for it to start. Once the games did come it just wasn't as much fun as I remembered. I wasn't playing on a team with my friends and people I knew. People were taking it WAY too seriously for just a summer league. And lets face it I just am not in as good of shape as I used to be. The first game killed me. Then with each game I got used to it and didn't feel like I was dying so much. It also took a bit to get back into the swing of things and remember what I was doing. I had to miss a few of the games however due to a wedding, being sick, and the family reunion.

Last night was a our last game. We came in 3rd for the tournament. The team we played last night was ridiculous. They weren't that good so all they did was kick, hold, punch and were just unnecessarily mean. Yes that is the point of the game but not the way this team was doing it. And to top it off the refs were not calling anything on them! Not 3 minutes into the game a girl was literally drowning me so I kicked her and I got in trouble. I had to get out because I couldn't catch my breath from her holding me under and my body was kind of panicking from it. It was awful. I just started crying because of it. It was a bit ridiculous! Oh well though because we kicked their butts and won 13-6. I did come back after getting ejected twice (the 3rd one you are out of the game for good) and scored after stealing the ball. It was nice to go out with a bang.

This is probably my last year playing. Sorry dad! It just wasn't as fun anymore and each Wednesday I kind of dreaded going to the games. I feel bad because my parents love coming and watching me play. Brad still doesn't understand what is going on so he gets bored. But he supported me and came to every game! Such a sweet husband! We get an award for playing but it wasn't ready yet so I will see next week what it is. I was glad I was able to prove that even after having a baby I still had it in me.


1 comment: