Wednesday, December 1, 2010

So Many New Adventures

Well Cooper is now 4 1/2 months old. He is still a little peanut though. I just started putting him in his 3-6 months clothes because I am so sick of the 3 month clothes that he has been wearing for the past 3 months or so. He still fits in them though so I still have him wear a few of my favorites.

Cooper's pediatrician had me start him on cereal at 4 months. She said do cereal for a week, then move to oatmeal for a week, then start introducing fruits and vegetables 3 days apart so I can watch for how he reacts to the different foods. Well he has conquered cereal and oatmeal like a champ. He now opens his mouth and goes for the spoon and usually eats it all. Sometimes he gets angry if you don't feed him fast enough, it's hilarious! Well yesterday was the day to start fruits and vegetables. The pediatrician recommended starting with fruits and the yellow/orange vegetables then move on to the green veggies. So his first thing he got was squash. He absolutely LOVED it. I just put a little in his cereal to get him used to the taste. Then today I just fed him straight squash. It is hilarious after every bite he makes this "Mmmm" sound. I am lucky that this transition into food has been really easy. It hasn't upset his stomach at all and he has been great and learning how to eat it. The only downside is that now his spit up is colored. Great visual I know!

All the yummy foods Cooper gets to try

Cooper loving his new foods

I don't have the tray on his high chair and he always puts his feet like this when he is eating

Another new adventure has been that Cooper has decided he wants to wake up 2-3 times a night :) I thought it would get better with solids but it hasn't. I think that it might be because he is teething. He has the bubbles on his gums and so his pediatrician said he will probably be getting his first tooth by 6 months. His bubbles are on his top gums though so it will be interesting if he gets his top teeth first. He is slobbering up a storm. But I would take slobber over spitting up any day. He chews on anything that he can get in his mouth and really loves his cold teething ring. His new thing is that he chews on his bottom lip. It's really cute.

You can kind of see him biting his lip here

Cooper has found his feet. I love it because anytime he is on his back he grabs his feet and they go into his mouth. Keeping his socks on was already a chore and now that he has figured out how to pull his socks off it's going to get even harder. It's funny though to watch him try to pull his pajamas off his feet. I love the look he gets when he is concentrating really hard and trying to figure something out. I just love my little monkey!


Cooper is a very observant baby. He watches everything that is going on. If he's on his stomach he lifts that head and looks around and if he's on his back he will roll to his side and arch his back so that he can see behind him. He is getting really close to rolling over from his back to his front. He will turn in complete circles on his blanket so he can look all around the room.


Everyday with Cooper just gets better and more exciting. I can't believe it is December already and he is about to have his first Christmas. When he was born Christmas seemed so far away and now it's almost 5 months later. I can't believe how fast time flies.



His adorable owl hat that my friend Nikki made

Our little family at my grandma and grandpa's house on Thanksgiving

Indiana has started paying more attention to Cooper lately. Cooper also notices Indiana more. When he gets close Cooper sticks his hand out and tries to grab Indiana.

He decided Cooper needed some kisses while he was watching football :)

1 comment:

  1. That last picture is hilarious! Cooper is so stinkin cute! He almost makes me want another baby...almost! :)

    ReplyDelete