Monday, December 27, 2010

Cooper's First Christmas

I can't believe that Christmas is already over. I had been looking forward to Cooper's First Christmas since he was born. December seemed so far away in July. I can't believe it has come and gone and that Cooper is almost 5 1/2 months old. I hate that time flies so fast!!!

Well to start off with the things that we didn't do that I am really sad about. I am the worst mom and didn't even think about taking Cooper to see Santa until it was really close to Christmas and by that point it was just soooo busy. We did attempt the week of Christmas. Yeah I know we were crazy even trying but we were going to the mall anyways. Needless to say Cooper didn't get a picture with Santa this year :( Next year I am going to be more on top of it and will take him at the beginning of December. We didn't go to Temple Square to show Cooper the lights or even drive around to look at how people had decorated their houses. I don't know how but Christmas really sneaked up on us this year. At least I got our Christmas cards sent out and neighbor gifts delivered!

Christmas Eve was a lot of fun. We went to my Grandma's house for dinner. Then my family all came over to our house and we opened presents. In my family we all open presents from each other on Christmas Eve and then Santa comes Christmas morning. It has always been my favorite to be able to open all of that stuff early. I have to say it was a little chaotic this year with Cooper and our family is just getting bigger. My brother is having a baby in March so it will be even more chaotic next year :) We will either have to get an earlier start next year or just do presents on Christmas day. I have to say that Cooper got so SPOILED!!! I am obsessed with books so wanted him to get mostly books for Christmas. He ended up getting a TON of books, some toys, and clothes as well. It will take over a month to get through all of his books if we read one a night. I was more excited to see what Cooper was going to get then what I would get. Cooper even helped open every single one of his presents. He just sat in his bumbo and helped the whole time. It was really fun having him be so interested. He loves books so each one he would grab and look at or put into his mouth. After all the presents were opened it was time to get Cooper in bed. He had been awake for almost 7 hours with no nap....he has never been awake that long ever and was exhausted but surprisingly happy for being so tired. My mom had bought him some "Baby's First Christmas" pajamas to wear on Christmas Eve. I had wanted him to wear them more than once so I had him wear them earlier in the week but FORGOT TO WASH THEM! I felt so horrible because he didn't even get to wear them to bed on Christmas Eve. I started his laundry that night though so he was able to change into them and wear them Christmas morning. I changed him before we even brought him down stairs.

Christmas morning was one that I will never forget. We slept in until almost 9:00. I was surprised because I usually am awake really early on Christmas. We got up and opened presents and stockings with just Brad, Me, Cooper and Indiana. Yes even Indiana gets a stocking! Brad and I didn't do much for each other for Christmas because a week ago we had to get new tires on my car. It really stinks having to spend $700 right before Christmas and on something so boring. (I will blog about this fun little adventure later). Oh well Cooper still got fun stuff so that's all that mattered. While we were opening presents I started getting a migraine. I was so upset! After we did presents I spent the next 3 hours miserable and throwing up. I tried napping to get it to go away but just couldn't. Finally the migraine went away but I still felt kind of icky all day long. My family came over and we did lunch and watched a movie and just hung out. It was a relaxing day and was really nice that we didn't even have to leave the house at all. I didn't even shower until 6:00 pm :)

I started a few new traditions this year now that we have Cooper. Brad's mom sent us this book she had put together. It has a scripture, story, and Christmas song for everyday of December. It is awesome because it helps keep in mind what Christmas is really about. I was so grateful that she had taken all the time to put all of it together and copy it all cute for us. It is definitely something that we will keep and do every year. Another thing I started was we bought "The Polar Express". This will be the book we will read as a family every Christmas Eve. There are a few other things that I wanted to start and won't do until next year. Because like I mentioned earlier Christmas really sneaked up on me and I just ran out of time.

Our Substitute Santa Claus Picture

Cooper getting ready to read The Polar Express

Our little family on Christmas Eve

Daddy's turn for presents

Cooper wanted to eat his presents


He loved everything about opening presents

So happy hanging out while we opened presents


Coming down Christmas morning



SO HAPPY IT'S CHRISTMAS!!!!

Our Stockings
Cooper's Christmas outfit that my mom bought him

Loving on Daddy

Cooper playing with Grandpa on Christmas

We had a great Christmas and really were so blessed to have so many people celebrate with us and give us gifts. Between family and neighbors our counter was covered with yummy treats and we definitely gained some holiday pounds! But it was definitely worth it! I hope that everyone else had an amazing Christmas!

3 comments:

  1. Hey Kacey! Glad to see you had a wonderful holiday! are you going to make the HOME in January? If so, can you bring the book from Brads mom? I want to make one or two, or a few for my inlaws next year, we had one growing up, and I LOVED it, i just havent known how to do it, or start it. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Cute blog wallpaper! What a fun Christmas - just wait until Coop really starts understanding and getting excited about Christmas!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sounds like you had a great Christmas! Too bad about having to get new tires. :( I'm wishing I took Eli to see Santa too--but next year for sure. I like that you're starting some Christmas traditions, that's cool. Cute pictures and cute Cooper!

    ReplyDelete