Thursday, May 17, 2012

My Favorite Day of the Year!!!

I don't think it's a secret that I ABSOLUTELY LOVE my birthday! I don't know what it is, but I love getting older, I love having the day be about me, and I love getting presents. I know that sounds horrible but it is so true. I count down the weeks and days leading up to my birthday! This year was no different. Last year Mother's Day and my birthday were on the same weekend. It was nice because the entire weekend was all about me......but it took away from my birthday! This year they were almost a week apart!

I knew that I didn't want to be stuck home all day on my birthday so I made sure not to be. I started off with taking Cooper to Wheeler Farm with Amy and Emmett. It was such a pretty day I wanted to be outside and I wanted to do something fun with Coop. It was a success. Cooper loved seeing all of the animals, running around, playing in the dirt, riding the tractor wagon, and playing on the playground. When we were feeding the ducks they literally started attacking and chasing it because they wanted more bread. Amy and I were a little terrified but the boys loved it! After Wheeler Farm we headed to Chilis for lunch. The boys were definitely tired because lunch was kind of a disaster...they were quite naughty! So I headed home and Cooper napped.




Every year for my birthday when I was growing up my dad would buy me roses. He would buy me how ever many roses for the age I was turning. When I got married Brad took over that tradition. The unfortunate thing is that my birthday is so close to Mother's Day that they jack the prices way up. Brad has made his own tradition however. He always gets one rose a different color to represent the age I am turning. For example this year he bought 24 pink roses and then one red rose to represent 25. Getting these roses is one of my favorite things about my birthday.




I decided that I wanted to do my birthday dinner at Tepanyaki. It is a Japanese steakhouse and sushi bar. It is DELICIOUS!!! It was very last minute but our friends Amy and Jason, and Jason and Keelee were still able to join us. My mom came over and watched Cooper so we didn't have to take him. After the lunch fiasco I knew it would be much more enjoyable without him there.



I definitely got spoiled this year. I needed clothes since none of my clothes from last year fit me. A little depressing!!!!! So Brad let me just go shopping for myself. It was nice and the perfect birthday present. I got some stuff at Target, Old Navy, Bohme, Maurices, DownEast and Lulu Lemon! Amy got me a cute pair of Lulu Lemon shorts and Keelee got me an awesome lime green watch! My mom ordered my present and it won't be here for a couple more weeks......so that will be fun getting something else. I loved my birthday this year and I am a little sad that it's over. However I am excited to see what adventures 25 brings!

No comments:

Post a Comment