Saturday, May 19, 2012

Being Cooper's Mom


I am so grateful for the chance I have had to be a mom. Not just a mom but Cooper's mom. It is the best job that I have ever had. He definitely tries my patience some days but there is nothing better than hearing him call me "mommy". His kisses, hugs, giggle, smile, fat feet and hands, big cheesy grin, double chin, big boy hair, fat tummy, olive skin, big hazzle/brown eyes (totally depends on the day), how I'm usually the only one who can understand what he's saying, his adorable little jump, the way he is obsessed with vacuums, is crazy wild and hyper, loves shoes, how he loves his daddy, how he loves to clean, how he's a little OCD with putting things back, his fearlessness with jumping off or onto things, how he responds "k" when you tell him something, how he loves candy and junk food as much as I do, how he wants to help me with everything I'm doing, and just so much more are what makes me happy! He is the perfect baby for me! Yes he's a toddler but will always be my baby! I wouldn't change anything about him! He makes me strive to do the best I can and be the best mom possible! Everyone always asks when I will want another baby and honestly as of now I am completely content with just Cooper! I'm not ready to share my attention and not get to focus completely on my Cooper. Mother's Day isn't really a day to me on celebrating how great of a mom I am or for all the work that goes into being a mom. It really is a day for me to reflect on the amazing blessing and opportunity that I have been give to be Cooper's mom. It's hard work and some days are very trying but I wouldn't choose any other job!

I had an amazing Mother's Day this year. We got up and went to church. I did have to teach but my lesson got cut short so was only about 15 minutes. Our ward excuses the women 15 minutes early and they feed us yummy treats. We had fruit, fruit dip, an assortment of brownies, and some other yummy stuff. We came home from church and I was able to nap. It felt awesome! We then headed to my aunts house for dinner. We hung out outside and the babies got to play in the pool and run around. It was a fun and relaxing day!



(1 & 16)Cooper singing "3 Little Monkeys" with my grandpa and Aspen
Playing with Cousins Asher and Holden
(8)Taking a stroll with my grandpa
(9)Walking to the car with Papa and carrying Aspen's bag
(4 & 15) Torturing poor Holden


Brad surprised me with probably my favorite present of all time. It's a necklace with the imprint of Cooper's big toe on it. He found it here. Babies under 2 don't have defined finger prints so you have to use their toes. This way I am always carrying around a little piece of Cooper! It's always the meaningful things that always mean the most to me.

(I could not get a good picture showing the print)
What the nursery kids gave their moms....so sweet!

1 comment: