Thursday, July 28, 2011

The life of my 1 year old


I can't believe my baby is a big 1 year old! Cooper has made this past year such a joy for both Brad and I. From the moment I knew we were having Cooper I fell in love with him. The first time I saw him I knew he was ours and I loved him even more. I have loved getting the opportunity to watch him grow and to take care of him. I loved being the one getting up at nights with him, holding him when he was sick or hurt, being there to experience everything new with him, watching Brad and Cooper bond and become buds, watching Cooper and Indiana interact, seeing his little mind grow and figure out new things, watching his face as he took everything in, feeling how much he loved me, knowing I was the only one that could make things better. I've loved seeing his smile every morning, every poopy diaper I had to change, watching him make messes that I got to clean up, hearing the first time he talked, hearing his little cry, seeing his first smile, hearing his first laugh. I honestly have loved every moment I have been able to spend with Cooper. I love that I get to be a stay-at-home mom and spend every moment with him. I am content never leaving him. He has given me patience, filled me with more love then I could have ever imagined and just made me so happy. He has made the transition into being a parent so easy. He was such a good baby. I couldn't have asked for a more perfect child to be blessed with! I am so thankful that I was lucky enough to be blessed with my Cooper. I wouldn't trade this past year for anything!!!


Coop had his 12 month check-up on the 19th. Cooper is right on track developmentally and is nice and healthy. Everything looked perfect! Luckily we still haven't had to take him in for an ear infection or for being sick. Knock on wood! The only concern is his bottom teeth. The lateral incisors are farther back and not lined up with his central incisors. His pediatrician recommended that I take him to a pediatric dentist just to get them checked out. Not that there is anything they can do now or that it is going to affect him by any means. But just to take any precautions necessary. Cooper's 12 month stats:

Weight: 19 lbs 14 oz - 10%
length: - 30 in - 50%
head:- 46 cm - 40%

  • loves putting on and taking off lids....so cute to watch his little mind work on trying to figure things out
  • loves stairs
  • obsessed with opening and shutting doors
  • skipped the bottle (only had it a handful of times once he started taking it again) and just takes a sippy
  • talks all day long....says dadda, mamma, ball, no, up
  • He has the deep serious voice he uses when he is trying to get after Indiana for something...it's hilarious because he had to learn it from us getting after Indiana
  • the best at making messes
  • entertained so easily with Indiana
  • only gets his binky in the crib.....but only for a little while longer
  • an all around happy baby
  • throws blanket and binky out of crib when he is ready to get up
  • sleeping thru the night (8:00 pm-8:00 am), usually takes 2 good long naps but have been venturing toward the one long nap
  • loves all food......we don't really feed him baby food anymore
  • favorite foods are macaroni & cheese, cheese, bananas, strawberries, grapes, hot dogs, oatmeal, nilla wafers, graham crackers, gold fish, yogurt, toast, steamed veggies, chicken, turkey/ham sandwiches, ANY candy/ice cream/cake/sweets!!!
  • Balls and trucks/cars are favorite toys right now
  • Loves putting in and taking out objects from things
  • Has 8 teeth (4 top, 4 bottom)
  • busy body....he is constantly moving and never stops
  • has taken a few steps here and there when we are practicing but isn't walking yet
  • pushes everything around

  • loves giving kisses to anyone and anything (caught him at the pool today kissing a baby doll)
  • will actually hand you something if you ask for it.....specifically things he isn't supposed to have so that is lucky
  • has become quite the little fish.......but still doesn't like his face wet
  • has started to love to cuddle.........my favorite!!!!!
  • blows kisses
  • learned to turn around and back down the stairs, off the bed, off the couch, down the curb, etc. rather then diving head first
  • loves "Baby Signing Time"
  • knows how to sign "more", "eat", "all done" but we are working on lots more

No comments:

Post a Comment