Tuesday, July 5, 2011

4th of July


I hope that everyone had an awesome 4th of July! I know we did. It all started on Saturday. We had a BBQ and had a bunch of friends over. It was a blast! In total we had 16 adults and 7 kids/babies. It was so much fun. We grilled and just stuffed ourselves full. We played Mexican horseshoes and then did fireworks. I had a lot of fun getting ready for the BBQ. I wanted to be really festive this year. Since I have had Cooper I have wanted to make every holiday fun and start new traditions. I really want us to have 4th of July shirts. I looked around and just couldn't find any that I loved. So I decided why not make them. I really love how they turned out! I made mine a little more girly than the boys.

Next I really wanted our house to be cute for the 4th. I made a few crafts because I didn't have anything. The HOME was from a craft group I did, the star and firecrackers are from a craft day my neighbor had, and the rest I just did (stole some ideas from blogs). I even made the food festive for the occasion.


I was so happy with the turn out we had. It made for a really fun night! We stayed up late doing fireworks. I was worried my neighbors were going to hate me. But we had 3 other couples who live in my neighborhood so we could share the blame if someone complained :) Even Cooper got to stay up for fireworks. One of our friends babies was sleeping in his room so I couldn't lay him down. He actually really liked watching the fireworks. Indiana even got to join in on the excitement. They both ended up on my lap and I was perfectly fine with that. Brad and one other guy were in charge of the firework show. Everyone brought fireworks so we had a lot to do. We splurged and bought one of the huge pack of fireworks. I about died when Brad said we were spending so much on fireworks because I am good with just pop-its and sparklers. But the show was fun! One of our neighbors was doing the huge ones in the sky so we got to enjoy their show too!




On the actual 4th we didn't do much. We tried running some errands but a lot of places that we needed to go were closed. I had us wear our matching shirts out for the day. Brad informed me we were "That" family. He made fun of me and couldn't believe I was okay with us matching. But he didn't complain and wore his shirt happily :) We had decided just to stay home and relax. We made homemade ice cream in a ball and invited my brother Chase, his girl friend Kaitlin and my adorable nephew Holden over. We grilled and played basketball. Then once it got dark we went out with our neighbors and enjoyed more fireworks. It was a fun 4th!



My ADORABLE nephew

Made ice cream in this ball....it was fun and delicious!!!





1 comment: