Friday, July 1, 2011

4 Year Anniversary

Wednesday (June 29th) was our 4 year wedding anniversary. It is crazy to me that we have been married 4 years. Time has really flown by. Our first anniversary we had just moved into our house, 2nd year we went downtown and stayed at Little America (where we stayed for our honeymoon), 3rd year I was about ready to pop with Cooper and we were patiently awaiting his arrival, and then there is this year. We have an almost one year old and we are so content with our life.

Technically this was Brad's year to plan our anniversary because I surprised him with our 2nd year anniversary and since we didn't really do anything for our 1st since we had just bought our house and 2nd we were getting ready to have a baby. But I came across an idea that I didn't think he could top so I took over. Brad didn't mind one bit. He hates planning this kind of thing. But next year is all him :)

For our big anniversary surprise I planned for us to go on a helicopter ride. I came across a City Deals coupon and jumped right on it. I kept it a complete secret from Brad for over a month. But I was getting too excited so I told him the Thursday before our ride. He was glad because he wanted a little notice once he found out what we were doing. He was so surprised and excited to ride in a helicopter. He had tried figuring out the surprise but never even considered a helicopter ride.

We celebrated our anniversary last Saturday since our anniversary was in the middle of the week. We started out with dinner at The Garden at the Joseph Smith Memorial building. Then we headed up to Woods Cross for the helicopter ride. I had planned it for 8:00 pm so we could fly around sunset but still be able to have light to see. I got so nervous right before we took off. It was a lot smaller then I had expected. It was just a one row and a little 3 seater. They asked who wanted to sit on the edge and I volunteered. I figured I would be able to see better rather than having to look over Brad from the middle. There were no doors on the helicopter so I was practically hanging out. I had to scoot my butt so it was almost hanging over the edge so the pilot had room. There is a 400 pound weight limit for the 2 passengers so they weigh you before and everything just to make sure. We even got to wear the awesome headsets like you see on the tv shows or movies. Right as we took off the nervousness went away. It was actually quite relaxing and amazing. The views are incredible. A couple times he tipped the helicopter so I could look practically straight down and was kind of just hanging there. It was awesome! We started over City Creek, then over the Capitol, the edge of downtown Salt Lake, over Rice Eccles Stadium, Immigration canyon, the pipeline and back. It really was so cool!!!

After the helicopter ride we decided to go to a movie. We used to go to movies about every weekend but don't go very often anymore. I figured since Cooper was already in bed we might as well. (Thankfully he drinks milk out of bottle finally!!!) We went and saw Green Lantern. It was a fun movie. Then headed home. We were out way later then we have been in a long time. We were both dead tired!

On our real anniversary we didn't do much. Brad worked all day and I went to lunch with some friends. Brad surprised me with a bouquet of flowers when he got home. I was so surprised. He never buys flowers (he thinks I kill them really fast but I've tried telling him flowers die quick anyways). I made dinner and was supposed to go play in a water polo game but I didn't feel well so skipped the game. But we had to renew our temple recommends before Friday because Brad's cousin got married and our recommends expired on Thursday.....lame!!! So we spent a lot of the night getting that taken care of. It was cool however seeing a sealing the same week and the same place that we got married. It brought back a ton of memories! I would say we had a good, very memorable 4 year anniversary.

Brad and I in the helicopter

All the amazing views
(click on the pictures to make bigger)


My beautiful bouquet (it is still fully alive and pretty)
The bouquet was called "How We Grow".....so sentimental :)

Happy Anniversary Brad!!!! Thanks for an amazing 4 years!
I LOVE YOU!!!!

2 comments:

  1. Happy Anniversary! That helicopter ride looks awesome!

    ReplyDelete
  2. What fun! Last year I I got B an intro plane flight lesson for his birthday (which he loved) but it was only a 2 seater, so I didn't get to go with him :(. I might have too look into helicopters.

    ReplyDelete