Thursday, June 23, 2011

Keeping Up in the Summer......What a Joke!!!


So is it just me or does Summer make keeping up with the house really hard. I find myself out at my pool everyday rather than cleaning or cooking. I plan on doing something before the pool but it just never seems to happen. I get lunch made and us ready to go swimming. Then after swimming I am having to shower both me and baby and get ready for the day. By that time Brad is home. Dinner???? That has been a joke. Since being a stay-at-home mom I have made an effort to have the groceries and have dinners planned. But these past few weeks it just hasn't worked out. Even if I have known what I was going to make for dinner, by the time I get back home and showered it is dinner time and nothing is made. I feel so bad for Brad. He would never admit it and would probably argue with it but it can't be pleasant coming home to a house that the Cooper Tornado has been thru and to me not having stuff ready for dinner. Don't get me wrong Brad is usually home by 4:30 so dinner is never ready when he gets home. But I usually have it started or have given myself time to get dinner fixed. He offers to help with dinner but I just don't find it fair. He has worked all day long while I have just "played". He can't come home and work some more.

Today I had to take a break from swimming and get my house under control. It was making me crazy having it so chaotic and out of order. Luckily my mom came over and took Cooper swimming so I was able to clean. I got everything straightened up, laundry finally finished (working on it since Monday), our closest organized and straightened, mopped, vacuumed, and got dessert for a Young Women's activity made. I can't vacuum with him because he attacks the vacuum the whole time and I can't do it when he is sleeping because I worry it will wake him up. So it was nice that my mom took him.

No comments:

Post a Comment