Wednesday, June 22, 2011

Father's Day

(Banner that I did for Brad)

I kind of failed as a wife this year for Father's Day. I had all these big plans to get everything done last Friday but it just didn't happen. Then Brad was off work early so I couldn't do anything with him home. So we kind of changed Father's Day to Monday. I know it is AWFUL especially when you consider this was Brad's 1st Father's Day. I feel so horrible about it. I did get him a book that he got on Father's Day.


We had celebrated Father's Day on June 12th with my extended family because my grandma and grandpa were going to be out of town on Father's Day. My family came over on Father's Day at noon. We did lunch because my brother had to get to work by 2 and I had to go teach Young Womens. So I wanted Brad to have his own day :) That is what I keep telling myself to make me not feel so bad! I didn't want to just buy Brad something for Father's Day. I wanted to do something special. So this is what I did

Decorated the Dews....he drinks one everyday at work
(The ties match the Father's Day banner)

Found this idea on some blog and I LOVED it!!!
I haven't decided where to hang this in our house.
Cooper held perfectly still and let me trace his hand.


Brad needed something new to put on his desk at work.
Cooper didn't do so great with the hand print but you get the idea.
(The writing "For Dad's desk at work" isn't on the frame.
It ended up looking that way but I don't want to re-edit the picture.)

Brad is seriously the best dad that Cooper could ask for. Cooper absolutely loves his daddy. He knows dad is the FUN one and always has a buddy in him to play with. Cooper is all boy so I am glad I have someone so amazing that can show him all the things little boys do. I have loved watching Brad grow into the role of being a dad. He is so helpful and has tackled all the challenges amazingly! I love him even more after watching how amazing of a dad he is. He works so hard to provide the life we have where I can stay home with our baby. He is such a hands on dad and is willing to do whatever I ask or is needed.

We love you Brad! Happy Father's Day........even if it was a day late :)


No comments:

Post a Comment