Tuesday, February 22, 2011

Week of Crafts

Two weeks ago was really fun and full of crafting. I made four trips to Hobby Lobby and one to JoAnne's within a week. It started off with me making invitations to a baby shower I am throwing. My brother and his girlfriend Kaitlin are having a baby so I was throwing her a shower. I looked at a ton of invites and decided I would just make them. It was a bit more work but it was a lot of fun. I have being doing card club (Stampin' Up) since last May so I decided to put to use some of the stuff that I had bought.

(The flash kinda of whited out the blue onesie stamps at the bottom)
The inside had a cute "It's A Shower" Stamp with all the info


Next I made some blocks for my new nephews room. Someone made me some for Cooper and they were super cute. So I made them with my friend Amy. She wanted to make some for her baby. I was so happy with how they turned out. I almost wanted to make some for Cooper that looked the exact same, but he already has two sets of blocks with his name on them so I decided I probably shouldn't.
They are going to name him "Holden"


Not only am I having the shower for Kaitlin but my cousin and his wife are having a baby so I needed to make some shower gifts. My friend made me a wipe case cover when I had Cooper and I absolutely loved it. I made some back in November for 4 other showers. Another present that I absolutely loved was my mom had burp rags made for me and as I have mentioned many times, Cooper is famous for his spitting up (7 months and it still hasn't stopped). I have gotten a ton of use out of them. The 3rd thing I made were some bink links. Cooper LOVES his binky so it is always attached to him, otherwise we lose it. I figured I would give some of the things I have loved and gotten the most use out of.

The ones I made for the "BOY" showers in November

The "GIRL" showers

My cousin is obsessed with baseball so these are the ones I made for he and his wife

(I forgot to get pictures of the ones I made for Kaitlin)

The craft that I most proud of is I recovered Kaitlin's glider cushions. I have never recovered anything so I was a bit nervous. We went to the fabric store and picked out the fabric Thursday during the day and I came home and got started right away. Much to my surprise I finished them that night. I just seam ripped the covers that were already on the cushions and used them as my pattern. I was so nervous they wouldn't turn out but they did. Brad kept saying how surprised and impressed he was with how good they looked.

The finished product before they repainted the glider


My final craft of the week was something that I made for Cooper. It was fun making all the other crafts but I realized not one thing was for me or Cooper. So of course I had to make something for us. I had found these crinkly owl teethers on this blog. I was excited to make these so I bought all the stuff when I was at JoAnne's getting the fabric for the glider. They didn't turn out as cute as the ones on the blog. But they still are cute! Cooper absolutely loves them too!


I have only taken up crafts since Cooper was born. I never would have considered myself a crafty person. I probably still wouldn't because I can only copy something someone else has done. I am not creative enough to come up with things on my own. I have been surprised about how fun and rewarding crafting really is. I could do it all day long every day. But I won't because I love playing with my Coop way more!

3 comments:

  1. So much cute stuff. Someone in the family had to be a 'crafter'. I'm glad it could be you!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. OMG I love the diaper case for girls!!!! :) SO CUTE

    ReplyDelete
  3. Holy cow. You've been busy! Those are all so fun, especially the baseball burp cloth and wipe cover! I am impressed by the upholstery job too...

    ReplyDelete