Monday, May 30, 2011

Us and T.V.

Brad and I have a serious addiction to watching TV shows. We usually have at least 1 show a night that we watch. I look at it and don't know how I successfully did school, homework, worked and had time to watch all of my shows. Now it is nice having shows to watch because we usually sit down together after Cooper is in bed. It is our way to just relax for the night. Now that all of our shows have come to the end of the season we don't know what to do with ourselves. I hate how all the shows end at once. I would look forward to certain nights in the week because of a particular show. There are some summer series that are about to start. But there isn't nearly as many.

I really hate our addiction to tv though. I feel like the tv is always on when Brad is home. I have made it a goal to not have the tv on during the day. I feel like it takes away from Cooper time and there are a lot of other things that I could and should be doing. However once Brad is home it comes on. As Cooper is getting older I am going to make it a point to not have the tv on all night once Brad is home either. It is a very bad habit to get into. It takes away from family conversation and just together time. If it ever warms up and gets to be nice weather we can start spending more time outside. Usually by this time we are doing walks and playing catch outside. But we really haven't been able to do it yet this year. We also are going to get into hiking more this summer. We want our kids to be used to being outside and doing active things. Not just sitting home on the couch watching tv. Don't get me wrong, tv has been great with a young baby. It helps us get through the days and sleepless nights. But I am ready to not watch as much tv. It makes me feel lazy and tired! Besides our regular tv shows (listed below) there are the random shows that we will flip through and watch if we see they are on. The ones below are the ones that we record every episode and have season passes set on the DVR. Yeah I know it is RIDICULOUS. Writing all the shows out I see how ridiculous it is that we have SOOO many shows. I am sure I missed a few too!

Our Shows:
  • Coming Home
  • House
  • Lie To Me
  • Hawaii Five O
  • Chuck
  • Gossip Girl
  • Glee
  • Modern Family
  • Entourage
  • Community
  • The Office
  • The Big Bang Theory
  • Friday Night Lights (ending)
  • Human Target
  • Leverage
  • The Cape (ended)
  • Real Housewives of New Jersey
  • The Voice
  • White Collar

My shows:
  • Greys Anatomy
  • Private Practice
  • 19 Kids and Counting
  • Kate Plus 8
  • Quints By Surprise
  • Desperate Housewives
  • Ellen
  • Oprah :(
  • The Vampire Diaries
  • Chase
Brad's Shows:
  • Iron Chef America
  • Ghost Hunters (Along with a ton of other Ghost story shows)
  • Cake Boss
  • Chopped
  • Challenge
  • Top Chef
  • Real Time with Bill Maher
  • Spartucus
  • Dexter
  • True Blood
  • Hell's Kitchen
  • 30 Rock
  • River Monsters
  • Shark Tank
  • Okay really every cooking/competition show out there. I can't even think of them all to name them.

No comments:

Post a Comment