Thursday, September 16, 2010

2 Month Check-up

Well today Cooper went in for his 2 month check-up. I had very mixed emotions about going to this appointment. I was dying to see how much my little monkey had grown but I was DREADING seeing him get his shots. He still isn't looking real chunky so I was worried he hadn't gained that much. I am a worry mom for sure! Brad gets frustrated with me I think because I worry about every little thing. But I love my little man and want everything to be perfect! But he is now to 11 pounds and 23 inches long. He has gained 2 pounds since his 2 week check-up. It's amazing how much bigger he looks from when he was born at 8 lbs. 7 oz to now 11 pounds. You don't realize how much a little less than 3 pounds really is until you see the difference in your baby. It is crazy! Cooper is looking perfectly healthy and is growing great. He is cooing, smiling, playing and sucking on his hands, follows you with his eyes, responds to noises, is able to hold his head up, and doing everything that a 2 month old should be doing. Once we heard how he is growing great and looks perfectly healthy came shot time :( I was so glad that Brad was able to come with me. I love that he has a job that he can leave and come to important things like this and be my moral support when I want to die because my baby is in so much pain. Cooper had to get 3 shots and some liquid stuff in his mouth. He wasn't happy with the shots but surprisingly calmed down almost instantly when I picked him up. I was worried he was going to scream the entire way home, but much to my surprise he slept the whole car ride. I am so blessed to have such a healthy and happy baby. I am loving every minute that I get to spend with him. I can't believe it has already been 2 months. Time goes by WAY too fast these days. My baby is getting so big and he is just going to keep getting bigger.
Mom and Coop waiting for the Dr. Look at those poor legs Just a few of my big 2 month old!!!

3 comments:

  1. That's it! I need a Cooper, Kacey and Brad fix, pronto! He is SO freakin cute I can't stand it!!!!! Yeah, the first shots appt SUCKED and I had to go by myself :( Isaiah's next one is in a couple weeks. Not looking forward to it. Glad to hear your munchkin is so healthy and happy, your a great mom and by the way, ALL moms are worriers :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Shots are so hard! It gets better when they are older and you can reward them with a sucker. It seems to fix everything. He is a cutie for sure!

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a cutie! He is getting so big! :)

    ReplyDelete