Sunday, April 22, 2012

Triathamom


Well I made a huge decision recently....I registered to do a triathlon on August 18th. It isn't just any triathlon however. It is the TRIATHAMOM!!! It is a fully supported and non-competitive triathalon for women. I am super excited! It is going to be a 300 yard swim, 12 mile bike ride, and a 5k run. Brad's cousin told me about it when we were in Indiana. At first I totally wrote it off by thinking there is NO WAY I could do a triathlon. I am terrified enough to run just a 5K because I am NOT a runner. But the more I got thinking about it the more I wanted to do it. The swimming will be no issue since I grew up being on swim teams. The biking shouldn't be an issue since I grew up riding bikes.....but probably haven't ridden a bike in 7 years??? Oh and I don't even own a bike! But then I realized I can totally do this! I have plenty of time to train and this will be fun. I wanted some big challenge to accomplish before I get pregnant again. So I jumped in and signed up so there is no turning back. I have convinced a couple of my neighbors to do it with me as well as Brad's cousin that is going to do it. It should be fun! I can't wait to begin training. Stay tuned for updates on how it is going!

2 comments:

  1. Awesome!! I wish I could do it with you guys... :( maybe next year... Lol

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am so excited you're doing this!! Temkai and I ran a one-mile sprint race yesterday as the FHE activity. I nearly died. As long as there's no sprinting involved I think I'll manage just fine. Keep me updated on how you're progressing. It's fun to see how it gets a little easier along the way.

    ReplyDelete