Thursday, April 12, 2012

entertaining a toddler on an airplane

So we flew to Indiana last week for Brad's uncles funeral. We had a total of about 11 hours of flying. I was terrified about keeping Cooper entertained in the airport, on the plane, and on the long car rides when in Indiana. It was a short notice trip so I didn't have very long to plan. The second we found out we were going I began thinking of what to bring to entertain Cooper. After spending $32 at the dollar store, buying some things at Lakeshore Learning, Target, and Walmart, here is what I came up with.

Everything before getting packed


Coloring books, pad of paper, crayons, colored pencils


Wiki Stix


Lots and lots of stickers and window clings
(perfect for decorating the airplane then they clean up easily)


random things to play with


Quiet Book and Ispy bean bag that I made


water pen/finger painting.....amazing purchase!

ipad with lots of games and movies

for the ipad


Needless to say Cooper stayed very entertained. The favorites were the Wiki Stix, stickers, window clings, and ipad. There were quite a few things that I didn't even open and I will save for when we fly to Arizona in November.

No comments:

Post a Comment