Thursday, December 27, 2012

Busy Bag Exchange

I came across this idea a while back of a Busy Bag Exchange. A Busy Bag Exchange is really just a a group of people get together and each person makes multiple of the same bag (one for each person). They are just activities to keep toddlers busy. Each bag should be around $1. The quality of bag you do needs to be what you expect in return. At the end each person has 23 (the amount in my case) different activities to keep their kids entertained. It is way cheaper to buy the supplies to make one thing rather than all the different supplies needed for all of these bags. Not to mention the time that you save!

I knew instantly that I wanted to do one. I was hesitant though about putting one together and having to be the one responsible for it all. After a few months I finally decided it was time. I put word out on Facebook and I couldn't believe the response I got. In the end I had 23 people (including me) that signed up. I put together a google doc with all the ideas I had gathered as well as a link they could go to, to view the ideas. Each person had to sign up for the one they wanted. I gave a deadline on signing up. This way we had an exact count and people could get started on their bags. The exchange took place on June 23rd. I was pleasantly surprised that every single person followed through and made their bags. The bags turned out soooo cute. I was so excited with how they all turned out! Here are all of the bags. Cooper has had his hands on all of them so they aren't in perfect condition anymore.

Velcro Sticks- Lexi
Texture cards-Brianna
Paint (hair gel) bags- Kaitlin Ha
Pipe cleaner magnet- Nikki


Popsicle stick Puzzles-Jessica
Playdough-Janaca

Button Snakes-Brianne

Color Matching-Desi

Rainbow Rice-Suzanne

Spooning Beads-Jill

Pom Pom Push-Sandy

Golf Tee/Marbles-Mikelle

Pool Noodle Lacing-Breanne

Fishing Game-Jenni

Pony Beads and Pipe cleaners- Abby

Tracing Sheets- Amy

Chalkboard Blocks- Codie

Clothes Pin hanging-Kate

Matching Game-Clarissa

Lacing Boards-Kellie

Bean Bag Toss-Alicia

Wacky Sacks-Kaitlin Holton

Pasta Stringing-Me

No comments:

Post a Comment