Saturday, July 21, 2012

Father's Day


Yes I know it's been over a month since Father's Day but I still wanted to post about it. I was so excited for Father's Day this year. Brad is such a good daddy to Cooper and I couldn't wait to make him know it! I wanted Cooper to make something for Brad now that he is older and actually can. I had seen these magnet board stands on Pick Your Plum awhile before Father's Day and knew right then I was going to do it for Brad and my dad. I painted the wood and cut the vinyl with my Cricut. I then had Cooper write a note to them on the bottom. I got the great idea from my friend Jenni to have Cooper make magnets. I let him color on a piece a paper. Then I glued them and turned them into magnets. I was really happy with how they turned out. I know they look great on both of their desks at work.


Cooper writing his notes....Cooper with a permanent marker is terrifying!


The finished product......who knew scribble could be so cute!

On Brad's desk at work
Close up of the magnets

Last year I got Brad some books for Cooper about he and dad. I figured I would keep with this tradition. These are the 3 I got. I also got one on why boys needs dads but that wasn't a picture book. Lately these are Cooper's favorite books to read at bedtime.




I am so happy that Brad is the father of my children. He really is an amazing daddy. Cooper loves him more than anything. He loves when he gets home from work and they play hard until bedtime. Brad is the fun one but also knows when to discipline. We both completely agree on how to parent and it makes it easy. We work as a team. I couldn't ask for a better daddy for Cooper!

No comments:

Post a Comment