Saturday, November 5, 2011

Halloween Adventures 2011


We had a lot of fun Halloween adventures this year. It all started out with my family Halloween party. The party was Sunday the 24th, so the day after we got back from Washington. I had planned on being a witch and was going to make my costume. I had made my skirt before I left and had bought the stuff to make my hat. But I hadn't thought about how to do it or anything until the day of the party. I gave Brad the job of coming up with his costume while I was in Washington. But needless to say both of our costumes didn't come together until the day of the party. Cooper's however I had found about a month 1/2 ago. I knew I wanted one of the 2-piece suits like his monkey costume last year. I came across this monster outfit at Old Navy and just knew I had to get it. I even kept looking for costumes incase I found something cuter and I never did! We had a good time at the party. We never did get a picture of everyone in their costume.....oh well!



Here are the pics of costumes I did get
Our next Halloween adventure was carving pumpkins. Of course things never go as planned. I wanted to carve them with Cooper this year because I thought he would enjoy the guts. We went to dinner with our friends Nikki and Tim and that just took longer than expected. After dinner we got our pumpkins and headed back to our place. Cooper was exhausted so he went to bed before we even started. It was nice carving a pumpkin this year because last year I was dealing with Cooper so wasn't able to carve mine. We bought a smaller pumpkin to carve something for Cooper but we never ended up carving anything. Now that I think about it I should have had him color it. Maybe next year :)

Cooper's favorite part of the night was picking pumpkins. We just got them at Harmons because it was so late. To prevent him from being grouchy or running in the road we put him in this. Saying he loved it is a complete understatement. This cart would make grocery shopping enjoyable for both of us!

Our finished pumpkins

Then there was Halloween day. Brad had been sick with the flu all weekend and Cooper was teething and had a cold. So I wasn't exactly sure how the whole day would go. But I wasn't going to let it stop me from at least trying to do stuff on Halloween. Cooper and I started out by going to lunch and then the zoo with Amy and Emmett. It was the perfect day for the zoo. Not only was it dead but the weather was amazing. We wanted something where the boys could dress up in their costumes for the day. So the zoo was the perfect thing. Cooper was very mellow for most of the time. Which was lucky otherwise he would have wanted to be out of the stroller running around and being his crazy self.


At one point I let him out of the stroller to run around. He was loving it but when I would try to direct him in a particular direction he would lay on the ground kicking and screaming. These new fits that he has started throwing are so much fun :) I didn't catch any of his faces from his fit but I still got him laying on the nasty ground.


I just love being able to go do things like this with my little monster.
I really am so grateful to be a stay at home mom to this little guy!


I bought Cooper's costume and a few day's after Amy's mom bought Emmett his costume. Turns out it was the same thing. So both of them were monsters for Halloween.

Cooper's favorite part of the zoo was still the water globe however.

After the zoo we headed home and Cooper went down for a much needed nap. Once he woke up we decided to head out to my grandma's, aunts, and my parents house. Brad still wasn't feeling great so he wasn't in the mood to dress up so I didn't either. Cooper has the wrong idea of trick or treating because every house we went to the second the door opened he walked right on in. He ate his candy about as fast as he got it however. I forgot to take my camera in when we went to the houses. I was so bummed!!!! Well we got to my parents to surprise them and they weren't home. They were up at the hospital with Chase. He had gone in a few days before with what they thought was a perforated intestine. So we decided to head up to the hospital to see them.

Cooper loves my parents!

The best part was right as we were leaving. My dad was helping Cooper walk up on our car and he thought it was the greatest thing ever! He was giggling so hard.


All in all I would call it a very successful Halloween! Next year is going to
be even more fun and exciting! We can't wait!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment